cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody else noticed that nobody has a positive thing to say about Virgin Media.

Ga12ga
Joining in

There is a reason why nobody has posted any positive comments about Virgin Media. Everyone can't be wrong. Wifi constantly dropping off. Promises of phone calls to fix a problem that doesn't happen. A rubbish company offering a rubbish service.

30 REPLIES 30

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Such is the nature of a customer support forum. People post when they have a problem or a complaint and those, overwhelmingly, make up the majority of topics.

There are occasional topics posted to compliment the work of some telephone agents or technicians. But if VM is providing the required services to the customer, as expected, there would be little reason or motivation for the customer to post on here.

carl_pearce
Community elder

No issues here.

The majority of customers expect good service, so wouldn't bother posting positive comments.

It's like other utilities "Oh my electricity is working great today!"...

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes I'm sure that's right. Many, perhaps most customers are content with their service and even with the price they pay.

So why can't the relatively small number of problems and complaints be dealt with properly? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Because they don't have enough competent staff manning the help lines.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

And presumably fixing those (small?) number of problems costs VM additional time/effort/money over and above the cost of general 'churn' when dissatisfied customers leave.

If the main driver for customers is low cost at sign-up, and/or the lowest monthly package price they can get, then VM will continue with its tempting new customer sign-ups and any other aspect of the VM experience is irrelevant from VM's POV.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Because they don't have enough competent staff manning the help lines.

It doesn't matter how many staff they have on the help lines. If they are only allowed to follow scripts and send messages to other departments that get ignored, then customer support will never improve. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Very true but the many topics on here suggest that a lot of the telephone agents can't even do those basic things reliably, like follow the script, send a message or process account changes!

OK, I’ll put my cards on the table, up front.  I’m not a Virgin customer, I’m retired tech that peruses all these sites just for interest.  So, an observation as an outsider…

Yes, it’s mostly people with something to complain about that post, on all sites.  However, the volume of complaints speaks, well, volumes.  (If you excuse the pun).  This site has far more than others and they tend to be far more vitriolic.  Not a good look for a company.  I’ll leave you to your own conclusions.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I think that is because VM has made itself non-contactable via other means for customer support or the quality of that alternative support is so low that customers have to come on here.

Because of that, there are more topics posted here in public and there is a greater level of frustration when people come to post on here.