cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 question.

regentroad5
Up to speed

A few weeks ago I received an email offering a new contract, the proviso being I accept a Virgin TV 360 to replace my current V6 box.

I declined.

Why are Virgin pushing this new box? Is the intention to phase out TIVO and V6 boxes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've potentially opened a can of worms here, but let's keep to some facts!

TiVo-software is licenced to VM, TV360 is Liberty Global (VM's parent company) in-house TV software, so naturally they will encourage migrations to TV360 at every opportunity - and one day there may well be a compulsory migration. But for now, all conversions are 100% voluntary.

Forum staff have confirmed to VIPs that no new contract offer includes a compulsory migration to TV360 and can be exercised on existing TiVo/V6 boxes - except in the specific circumstance where the proposed package includes an element that is exclusive to TV360. That means Paramount+ or Disney+ subscriptions. Most weeks there's a post or two on here, where sales agents have alluded to compulsory migration, when it may well not be the case.

Does this offer include that? If not, would you mind posting a copy of the offer (remove anything personal or identifiable) - I for one would be rather interested.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've potentially opened a can of worms here, but let's keep to some facts!

TiVo-software is licenced to VM, TV360 is Liberty Global (VM's parent company) in-house TV software, so naturally they will encourage migrations to TV360 at every opportunity - and one day there may well be a compulsory migration. But for now, all conversions are 100% voluntary.

Forum staff have confirmed to VIPs that no new contract offer includes a compulsory migration to TV360 and can be exercised on existing TiVo/V6 boxes - except in the specific circumstance where the proposed package includes an element that is exclusive to TV360. That means Paramount+ or Disney+ subscriptions. Most weeks there's a post or two on here, where sales agents have alluded to compulsory migration, when it may well not be the case.

Does this offer include that? If not, would you mind posting a copy of the offer (remove anything personal or identifiable) - I for one would be rather interested.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

regentroad5
Up to speed

Hi Japitts.

I'm sorry, but I deleted the email in question.

At the end of July, my contract expires, so I will have to begin negotiations to secure a good renewal deal, hopefully.

If I do this, I will be seeking assurances I am not forced to accept a 360 box, otherwise I'll take my custom elsewhere.
In any event, I don't need a 360 box to watch Paramount or Disney, I have an Amazon Firestick that enables me to do that, as well as a Sony Smart TV that provides the same function.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@regentroad5has PM'd me a copy of another offer they have subsequently received, and I thank them for it. It is indeed an offered new contract that includes TV360, but I suspect this is just the automated system including a voluntary migration by default rather than an open strapline of "you must take 360 if you want this offer". You would need to proactively request keeping V6, which admittedly on an emailed offer would be difficult.

In short, I think this could be taken as "if you want this offer, it includes TV360" - effectively inviting the migration. Certainly something to warn the unwary of, because no attention is drawn to the significance of this one line.

Stephen_Bubbles
Dialled in

Do not do it!! We were recently conned into "upgrading" and it's absolutely awful. 

I've emailed the CEO about how bad it is as I'm getting nowhere with virgin staff. 

GridArt_20240505_092057228.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stephen_Bubbles wrote:

I've emailed the CEO about how bad it is as I'm getting nowhere with virgin staff.  

Bear in mind VM's CEO reports into parent-company Liberty Global. It is they who are pushing TV360 - at best you may achieve a "sorry you don't like it, your feedback has been noted"

regentroad5
Up to speed

At the moment this is what I have....

Maxit TV (with TNT Sports). V6 Box. Sky Sports Collection (SD). M250 Fibre Broadband. Phone - line rental, weekend chatter.For this I pay £61.20. This is after the recent price increase.

The new offer comprises....

Virgin Media Main services. Broadband Installation. M250 Fibre Broadband. Virgin TV 360.
Sky Sports (SD). Mega TV (No TNT Sports). Phone Line Rental. Weekend Chatter.
For this they want to charge £67. So, another price increase, hot on the heels of the one in April.

I have no intention of accepting this, and I hope they are able to make an improved offer once my contract cancellation goes in.
PS. Japitts, I tried to send this as a private message to you, but this forum won't let me, something to do with invalid HTML?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As I suspected, it's loading an offer for me. You've not mentioned Sky Cinema or Sky Sports HD which I'm being presented with.

The substantive point remains though - these are offering an opt-in to TV360 without making this clear.

Seems I'll have to spread my feedback wider then