cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching from start of 360 recording

Arcy
Tuning in

Hi, I always set all my recordings to start 3 minutes before the actual start of the program but every time I go to recordings and choose the "watch from start" option it always starts where it thinks the actual program starts, sometimes this is already into the start of the program. Even if I try to rewind back, it won't go back as far as the beginning of the recording bar at the bottom of the screen. Is there something I can do to get around this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Hi Arcy,

What version software is your 360 box, mine is still 5.08 and the options are 1 (default), 2 and 5 min, (also 10 if I use the Advanced options).

Just set the Super Sunday football to 5 minutes before start using the Advanced options and will let you know what happens.

I do think there is a bug in the software with these settings because even though you use the Advanced options and select this episode only, if you then do the same with the next episode it's already got the same 5 min before start time it just seems to think this is series setting even though you select this episode only. Noticed this problem a long time ago because I always add 3 hours to the end of the F1 race just in case of red flags and I also get the follow up programs on one recording but I have to set this after the practice sessions have been completed if I set them all to record at the same time it adds 3 hours to every recording.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

Hi Arcy,

What version software is your 360 box, mine is still 5.08 and the options are 1 (default), 2 and 5 min, (also 10 if I use the Advanced options).

Just set the Super Sunday football to 5 minutes before start using the Advanced options and will let you know what happens.

I do think there is a bug in the software with these settings because even though you use the Advanced options and select this episode only, if you then do the same with the next episode it's already got the same 5 min before start time it just seems to think this is series setting even though you select this episode only. Noticed this problem a long time ago because I always add 3 hours to the end of the F1 race just in case of red flags and I also get the follow up programs on one recording but I have to set this after the practice sessions have been completed if I set them all to record at the same time it adds 3 hours to every recording.

Arcy
Tuning in

Thanks for the reply, I did manage to record something yesterday, when I chose the only option which was "watch from start" it started 30 seconds in so I managed to rewind to the actual start of the recording which is set at 3 minutes before, it's just a bit annoying that I have to do this sometimes rather than it starting where I actually want it to. 

Hi Arcy,

Quick update both Super Sunday games recorded today and I could rewind back the 5 minutes from where the 360 starts the recording.

The 360 works around the EPG times which is why it always starts the recording from where it "thinks" it starts. This also causes the problem when you are watching series link programs and you get the "watch next episode" prompt too early because the program recorded started 1 or 2 minutes late.