cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Virgin tv

Mattwfar
Joining in

Hi, i hope someone can clarify for me as i have been thinking from moving from Sky to Virgin with their TV, the only thing I am confused about is as i have seen a vary of answers, to use multi room do I need to have the mini boxes cabled in as this would be the deal breaker for me as I do not have any cables installed.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes you do. The V360 Horizon TV boxes are broadcast receivers, so need to be connected to the coaxial cable the channels are broadcast through. The Broadband connection is only used for apps, On Demand content & for EPG/firmware updates.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add, the only solution you have to avoid additional co-ax cables, is to have VM broadband with a single non-recording Stream box. There is a limit of one Stream box per account, and it cannot be mixed with any other TV product - including TV360.

The broadband will still need a co-ax cable, and VM broadband is a requirement for all their TV services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

As advised every box requires a coaxial cable which VM will install at no cost. Each box also requires a connection to the hub which is most reliably done by Ethernet cabling.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection