cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports+

padcontrol
Dialled in

Just seen the announcement of Sky Sports+.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/32461/13131189/sky-sports-launches-in-august-to-give-more-ch...

Doesn't seem to mention Virgin Media anywhere. Curious if there's going to be an update regarding this for us customers paying for Sky Sports on Virgin.

8 REPLIES 8

Mobes
Up to speed

Would be good if we got some answers to this. I asked on another question yesterday as well as sent a Tweet to Virgin Media on Twitter(X)

Have heard nothing!

JAK92
On our wavelength

Hoping we get some answers soon radio silence on social media and Sky seem to only pushing the narrative it's a Sky/Now TV thing. Hope we do get it. Not sure how whether it'll be part of the home button section maybe a separate category to pick the streams or via a Sky Sports App on the box or even a fast channel! 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All the hints that are dropping from this page is that the facility is already integrated into Sky Stream, Sky Glass & SkyQ. All of these use the same background internet streaming app that is now loaded onto V360 & Virgin Stream, & should follow onto TiVO V6 later this year. Likewise the Sky Sports app is accessible to Virgin customers already.

My feelings are this is just a revamp/relaunch of what we already have with access to a lot more streamed content.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lets hope this is the case. It does seem to look like a pretty decent addition. Especially being able to stream so much more content (football for me). It will be launching to coincide with the new footie season from what I can tell as well.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

This looks like the key paragraph. "Sky Sports+ will make it easier for fans to browse, discover and watch the sport they love, while the dedicated Sky Sports+ linear channel will showcase a selection of the best live sport."

So, no new content.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

Hi guys, Sky are launching a new Sky Sports streaming service in August called Sky Sports+ (Sky Sports Plus). Does anyone have and information as to whether this service will be available to Virgin Media customers?

Many thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HavencroftKev wrote:

Hi guys, Sky are launching a new Sky Sports streaming service in August called Sky Sports+ (Sky Sports Plus). Does anyone have and information as to whether this service will be available to Virgin Media customers?

Many thanks

VM never announce things until just before they happen, if at all. As per my previous post above, everything is in place already to provide the new service with the exception of the older V6 boxes, for which there is an update in the pipeline.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First press release I have seen about Sky Sports + outside of Sky.

“Available from August”

“It works on Sky Glass TVs, Sky Stream, Sky Q, NOW apps & Virgin TV boxes”

https://www.gbnews.com/tech/sky-sports-plus-release-date-price