cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney plus update

Jeff15
Tuning in

How can i update the Disney plus app on my 360 box? I've noticed it's operating very slowly so I checked the version, it's version 2.3.4.1, on my shield it's 3.2.1-rc2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

The 2 version's are probably unrelated because both devices run their own software and any apps on the 360 are sourced from whoever have their apps on the 360 in this case Disney+, new software releases are given to Virgin to roll out when available.

The 360 currently has the 5.10 software being rolled out, I am still on 5.08 so either the 5.9 update got pulled or wasn't required on the Humax box and was for the Arris built box, unsure if this would have a Disney update or if these are rolled out independently when you sign in.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

The 2 version's are probably unrelated because both devices run their own software and any apps on the 360 are sourced from whoever have their apps on the 360 in this case Disney+, new software releases are given to Virgin to roll out when available.

The 360 currently has the 5.10 software being rolled out, I am still on 5.08 so either the 5.9 update got pulled or wasn't required on the Humax box and was for the Arris built box, unsure if this would have a Disney update or if these are rolled out independently when you sign in.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Leave your box on standby and it will get updated overnight - but on which night you won't be told.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM TV boxes are not like smartphones or tablets that you can pick & choose apps, and update them. Apps are installed by VM centrally and automatically updated as & when.

Sometimes, version numbers can differ between boxes while software updates are being rolled out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks