Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 36 Disney plus. VM Stream

daznflo
On our wavelength

Please help.

Disney+ error code 36

I'm getting error code 36. We cannot play this video.

The error only happens when I try to play something from the Disney+ suggestion bar on the home page.

When I try to play something from within the app directly everything plays without a problem. 

The error only happens when trying to play something from the home page.

I've rebooted the stream box

Signed out and back into the Disney+ app.

• I've tried multiple HDMI Cables. Everything from the cheapest to the latest hdmi 2.1 certified cables..
  • Firmware ver 5.0.7
  • The error only occurs on the stream box. All other devices with Disney+ app on play perfectly. 
7 REPLIES 7

daznflo
On our wavelength

Is there an admin or expert here who could forward or raise this with tech support please 🙏 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daznflo,
Thank you for your post and sorry you have been having issues with your stream and Disney +. The code is a Disney + error code, which is when you are trying to watch a video not available to you due to issue rights, you can find out more here. Or does this happen on any program you are trying to watch? 
Thanks,
Zoie

daznflo
On our wavelength

Hi.

Sorry for late response. 

It only happens with the Disney plus app and then ONLY WHEN LAUNCHED FROM THE VM STREAMS HOME PAGE VIA THE DISNEY PLUS SUGGESTION LINE. EVERYTHING PLAYS PERFECTLY WITHOUT ERRORS WHEN PLAYED DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE DISNEY APP.

Thanks for confirming that for us daznflo.

When you're choosing a programme from the suggestion line, can you try searching for the program instead to see if this still allows you to play?

As mentioned by Zoie previously, that error code is has the following error message, “We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to view this video.” This likely means you tried to stream a movie or TV show unavailable in your specific market due to rights issues. To fix it, if you use a VPN to connect to the service, you might want to turn it off and connect to Disney Plus again. You might also be trying to access a video while in Kids Mode. If that’s the case, exit the kid-friendly mode and try watching the movie or TV show again.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I am getting this same error code (36) when trying to watch certain programs on Disney + via the VM STB. The accompanying message reads: “We’re sorry, but we cannot play this video. If you believe you are seeing this message in error, contact Disney+ Support”. 

I would have contacted D+ Support, but I also have a smart TV (different room), and iPad, and a Windows PC (various browsers). All play these same programs on Disney + without any issue. It is there quite apparent that the problem is with the app on the VM STB.

I do not use a VPN, and I am not using “kids mode”. The only other difference is that my VM STB is connected to to the hub with an Ethernet cable, whereas all other devices are connected wirelessly.

This issue does appear to be intermittent. I have been watching one series all the way through to S7E17. Although I can get the error at any time of the day, the issue mainly occurs at peak viewing times (evenings and weekends). It cannot be my VM internet connection, because I can stream these shows on all other devices when I cannot on the VM STB.

Please can someone let me know if this issue has been investigated by VM Support / Engineering?

Hi @Monopoly 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Just to confirm, have you tried connecting your set top box wirelessly to see whether that makes any difference at all?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response. 

I have been doing some more troubleshooting in this issue. I did try connecting the box via Wi-Fi in the initial steps, but this didn’t resolve the issue. 

After going through all the settings on my STB, I found one change which seems to have resolved the issue. 

Under SETTINGS > AUDIO & VIDEO, “Match frame rate” was set to “On”. After changing this setting to “Off”, I’ve been able to stream all content on Disney+ without errors (at any time day). 

If anyone else experiences the same issue, it may be worth checking this setting.