cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ 4k

jonnyollet
Tuning in

Hi,

Has anyone had issues in getting the Disney+ app to output in 4k since the update? Wondering if it's just the app. Prime Video and BBC iPlayer are fine. 

1000016805.jpg

Done a factory reset and TV output setting is 4k. Is there anything else I'm missing?

I have a Samsung QE43QN90BAT TV. 

Thanks 

15 REPLIES 15

1701-e
Superfast

Check the details page to see if 4k is listed there.

Yes, it's under Available formats...

1000016806.jpg

1701-e
Superfast

Do you have Disney plus premium or standard package?   Standard only up to full HD 1080p

I can get 4k on my other TV via the inbuilt TV app. I think the tiered plans on Disney+ are new, but looking on their sign up site, Dolby Atmos is only for the Premium tier and that is available in my first screenshot 

Hi @jonnyollet thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unable to view Disney+ content in 4k via our set top box. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.  Have you been able to test another device that supports the app via the TV set in question?  Or does the TV set in question have the Disney+ app that you can test it on? Or can it be added with a possible TV set software update?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

I do have the Disney+ app on my TV and I can get 4k on that without a problem.

The good thing about using Disney+ through the Virgin box means we can control everything via the Virgin remote. My wife and young kids use the voice control function to select apps on the Virgin box. Using the TV app will mean they will have to switch inputs etc. and the Samsung TV isn't clear.

I have had the Disney+ app on the Virgin box working in 4k previously. No settings have been changed, but it seems to have regressed of late - I'm not sure if it was the latest update so something else. 

ozsat
Superstar

I've tested Disney+ on several devices and they all show as '4K Ultra HD' except for the 360 which says 'HD'.

Other 4K apps are working on 360 OK.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Same. I'm sure the app on the 360 offered 4k Ultra HD. Is it even available on UHD on the 360?

ozsat
Superstar

It did - but will be one of those mysteries than all VM users see but VM don't

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5