cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 TV remote no longer able to control TV volume.

Darksideofmoon
Dialled in

I can re-pair with the 360 box, going through the steps it mutes, increase and decreases volume, but when out of the settings menu watching a program, the volume control no longer works controlling my Hisense TV again.

I have a second 360 box used in the bedroom connected to an older Sony TV that has no issues and works.

I've tried switching remote controls, with the same issues happening, both stop working the volume on my Hisense TV after pairing.

I've switch 360 boxes around from each room, which ever 360 box connects to the Hisense TV initially works after set up, but then stops working not long after.

What is very odd though, and i suspect is the issue, there is a phantom Sony Amp listed as a pair device to connect to when either of the 360 box is connected to the Hisense TV, i don't have a Sony amp and there is no option to remove this amp or select the TV as the audio input, the 360 box only connects to the Virgin broadband, power and TV. CEC control for all of my devices are disabled.

I have a suspicion that one of my neighbours may have a Sony Amp connected via Bluetooth somewhere, is the 360 box connecting to this automatically? Without authorisation from users?

Virgin really needs to allow a disable to remove option for paired devices, never had this issue with any of their older boxes prior to getting the 360's.

94 REPLIES 94

No it doesn't help.

As i have mentioned, Virgin needs to fix this software issue to prevent this from happening in the future.

My TV is not even a year old yet.

Thats not whats shown when the issue happens.

Darksideofmoon
Dialled in

This is what shows when the 360 box is working correctly, when its not working correctly the only difference is the wording on the right hand side when highlighting the "Pair remote to audio system" is different when the TV volume control is working compared to when its not.

There is no extra options appearing.

P_20230808_122257_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Hi @Darksideofmoon 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. How are you aware of this Amp being involved please?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

When the volume control isn't working with the TV, when attempting to fix the issue previously, going into the option of "Pair remote to audio system" this screen appears. This is how i know there is a phantom Sony Amp.

I also know that this isn't normal as the 2nd 360 box in my other room doesn't have this Sony amp anywhere and its never had issues changing the tv volume on the Sony tv its connected to.

P_20230803_173040_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Thanks.

Regarding the pairing issue - have you changed the remotes? 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes,

I've tried:

Changing the remotes,

Re-pairing the remotes,

Factory reset the remotes,

Factory resetting both boxes.

Changing the location of the 360 boxes to each of the different tv's.

Both remotes and both 360 boxes start to get this issue when connecting to the Hisense TV.

i've also tried changing the 360 boxes around.

This was all listed in my original post.

The only fix i've found is powering off the Hisense TV from the wall which seems to fool the 360 box into reset its volume control issue with its remote which seems to have fixed the issue so far.

Its a bug with the software the 360 uses to control Hisense TV's, no no replacement box/remote or engineer visit is going to fix this until the software is fixed.

So far the issue is resolved for the time being but i just hope it doesn't happen again as its happened twice so far and i've spent over a day trouble shooting everything.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Darksideofmoon 

It's possible that the 360 isn't giving the correct code for the Hisense TV.   I don't know if this will help but the Hisense website Help pages say, 

What is the code for my sky/virgin remote control for my TV? 

This depends on the remote controller, specific to each TV model. Please call the service centre on 0333 800 2200, who will be happy to provide you with the correct code.

What is the exact model of your Hisense TV?  It may help with ensuring the 360 has the correct code for pairing, which is often the first 4 characters after the screen size..

If for example the Hisense was model 50E7HQTUK then it should pair using the 4 digit code E7HQ

If for example the Hisense was model 55A6BGTUK then it should pair using the 4 digit code A6BG 

If for example the Hisense was model 40E4KTUK then it should pair using the 4 digit code E4KT

I've also been thinking outside the box so not sure if this will make any difference or not, but when/if it stops working agin,  when the "Pair remote to audio system" screen re-appears,  try selecting Hisense as the audio brand and either type in your TV model number or try the key testing method.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for all this info and your updates, Darksideofmoon.
We're glad to know it's resolved now, although we're sorry to see you had to switch off your TV from the wall socket for this to work.

Please, pop back here if you face more such issues in the future and we'll be eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have the 55U7HQTUK i've already tried manually and automatically adding the codes, on both times the Virgin remote works everything on the TV (ie HDMI input) except for the volume.