cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 TV remote no longer able to control TV volume.

Darksideofmoon
Dialled in

I can re-pair with the 360 box, going through the steps it mutes, increase and decreases volume, but when out of the settings menu watching a program, the volume control no longer works controlling my Hisense TV again.

I have a second 360 box used in the bedroom connected to an older Sony TV that has no issues and works.

I've tried switching remote controls, with the same issues happening, both stop working the volume on my Hisense TV after pairing.

I've switch 360 boxes around from each room, which ever 360 box connects to the Hisense TV initially works after set up, but then stops working not long after.

What is very odd though, and i suspect is the issue, there is a phantom Sony Amp listed as a pair device to connect to when either of the 360 box is connected to the Hisense TV, i don't have a Sony amp and there is no option to remove this amp or select the TV as the audio input, the 360 box only connects to the Virgin broadband, power and TV. CEC control for all of my devices are disabled.

I have a suspicion that one of my neighbours may have a Sony Amp connected via Bluetooth somewhere, is the 360 box connecting to this automatically? Without authorisation from users?

Virgin really needs to allow a disable to remove option for paired devices, never had this issue with any of their older boxes prior to getting the 360's.

94 REPLIES 94

Its not really fixed as the issue has happened twice. I'm hoping that Virgin updates the software to stop the issue from happening, or as i also suggested an extra option added to remove any extra pair devices manually by the user instead of the 360 box automatically doing this. The issue also seemed to be triggered when correcting lip sync issues with the audio and switching to manually select 5.1 instead of 2.0 in the sound setting fixes the lip sync but then stops the volume control from working with the remote.

Tidwell54
Joining in

Thanks everyone for contributing here.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for passing more details and info and sorry to see it's not resolved.

Have you had further issues after it happened twice and when was the last time the issue occurred?

About your feedback and suggestions, we'll be glad to pass this across to the relevant team - thank you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No further issued since the last time.

Last occurred on Thursday the 3rd of August.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming and please keep monitoring for this issue, we'll be happy to get your updates and assist with any further problems that may come up.

Best Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's just happened again, volume control not working with the Virgin remote on the TV.

I've fixed it again  using these steps:

• by powering off the TV from the mains,
  • Powered TV back up,
  • Re-paired used my specific TV code (auto detect didn't work)

Seems to be a weekly occurrence now.

Hi Darksideofmoon,

Thanks for coming back to us. We're sorry to hear that this has happened yet again. Just as a suggestion have you had a change of 360 box?

As this issues is happening on such a regular occurrence and a change of remote has not resolved the issue, this may be the next option. 

Please let me know if this would be something your willing to try and we can get this arranged.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I have 2 360 boxes already both with this issues another 360 isn't going to help.

As per my previous posts on this, its a software issue with the 360 that you lot need to get fixed.

Hi @Darksideofmoon,

As my colleague has suggested, from what you've explained it appears that it's likely to be an issue with the boxes themselves as opposed to a software related issue.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll be able to proceed with this from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Darksideofmoon
Dialled in

That doesn't make much sense, why would this issue happen with my Hisense TV and not my Sony TV?

Both 360's work with my Sony TV adjusting its volume.

Both have the intermittent issue with my Hisense TV.

Without a guarantee that replacement boxes are going to fix this, i'm not happy in getting them replaced as it would mean all of the recordings i have would be deleted and no way to get them back on any replacement box.

I'm sending this same reply on the DM.