cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting volume working on my virgin remote

pluggulp
Up to speed

Yesterday my v6 box had to be replaced by the Virgin engineer. Today I find that I cannot control volume on the Virgin remote, only on the TV remote. The online guide tells me how to reprogram the remote. The trouble is I only get the red light above the help button on the remote and no green light double flash. This leads me to think that my remote is incompatible with the new box. What should I be doing please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pluggulp wrote:

Yesterday my v6 box had to be replaced by the Virgin engineer. Today I find that I cannot control volume on the Virgin remote, only on the TV remote. The online guide tells me how to reprogram the remote. The trouble is I only get the red light above the help button on the remote and no green light double flash. This leads me to think that my remote is incompatible with the new box. What should I be doing please?

Hi pluggulp 

Pictured below are the two VM remotes, neither of which have a help button.

360 remote360 remotev6 remotev6 remote

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Superstar

Hi pluggulp,

Which remote and box do you have, both boxes look the same but the software and remotes are different, see this link 

The test is much the same as the Virgin help test. It does not appear to advise what to do if the virgin remote only shows red and refuses to go green

Nothing was changed except a faulty V6 box for a working V6 box. Remote is as before

Do you have the square shaped remote or the 'peanut' shaped remote as some people like to call it.

Just to add in your first post you said above the " help " button, there is no " help" button on either remote as I remember do you mean the Home button.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pluggulp wrote:

Hi pluggulp 

Pictured below are the two VM remotes, neither of which have a help button.

360 remote360 remotev6 remotev6 remote

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sorry for delay. I have the peanut and the oblong box. I confused help with home. 

The light is above the home button and only responds with red.

pluggulp
Up to speed

Success!  I went to try again and immediately got a message that the remote batteries were low  (no such message yesterday). I  tried again with fresh batteries and got the green light and was able to obtain volume control. How low batteries can activate a red light but not a green light is beyond my understanding. Thanks to all for help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for updatimng the thread @pluggulp 

Great to see it's all working now.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.