cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box keeps repeating "HEADS UP!" message.

andysitton
Tuning in

My Tivo box keeps repeating the message "Sky Sci-Fi is now available in HD on channel 122. There is no need to update your series links. Press [CLEAR] to dismiss"

Since I don't subscribe to Sky Sci-Fi I don't need this message, I have now dismissed it at least a hundred times and it just pops up again every time I enter and exit the program guide.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Tune into the channel for a few seconds then exit the channel and the message may then permanetly disappear.

If that doesn't work try rebooting your box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jfdomega
On our wavelength

Why does this message keep coming up on the screen? So irritating. Virgin media is getting so annoying recently especially with their constant phone calls with “deals” that I am at the point of termination the contract! I am sure I’m not the only one!!!

jfdomega
On our wavelength

My Tivo box keeps repeating the message "Sky Sci-Fi is now available in HD on channel 122. There is no need to update your series links. Press [CLEAR] to dismiss" IRRITATING!!!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't put notices up when channels move EPG positions and customers complain about not being informed

VM put notices up when channels move EPG positions, and customers complain.

I really don't see pressing one remote button as a major issue, but for anyone that does - consider which of the above options VM should take. They can't win.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

andysitton (OP) said:
My Tivo box keeps repeating the message "Sky Sci-Fi is now available in HD on channel 122. There is no need to update your series links. Press [CLEAR] to dismiss"
Since I don't subscribe to Sky Sci-Fi I don't need this message, I have now dismissed it at least a hundred times and it just pops up again every time I enter and exit the program guide.

This suggests one hundred plus remote button presses. However accurate that estimate, I think it demonstrates that pressing one remote button does not address the issue.

A facility to register a confirmation that the information has been received and does not require repeating might be considered a winner.