cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning an old tv virgin box

Zoe2023
Tuning in

I have a very old TV box. It’s the one before the V6 old and chunky the complaints department sent me a replacement as it’s not working and the leaflet says I need to return my old kit but when I go on the virgin media website for a cycle kit it only shows how to return a V6 

i think it maybe a tivo box but not sure

so what do I do??? 

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The original TiVO boxes

Older TiVOOlder TiVO
are now being withdrawn, so there is no compulsion to return them. It can be taken to the local recycling centre if you wish. 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

Our recycling bin men are happy to take them as a small electrical item if left in a clear polythene bag on top of the bin.

@Zoe2023 wrote:

I have a very old TV box. It’s the one before the V6 old and chunky the complaints department sent me a replacement as it’s not working and the leaflet says I need to return my old kit but when I go on the virgin media website for a cycle kit it only shows how to return a V6 

i think it maybe a tivo box but not sure

so what do I do??? 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

jonmc58
On our wavelength

So how do I go about getting a replacement for our old tivo box which suffers from buffering /stuttering and locking up regularly?

AS VM have other things on their mind like missing historic emails I have been reluctant to chase them.

Hi there @Zoe2023 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry for any confusion regarding the return of your box and a big thank you to our community members for their help so far. 

You can view information on how to recycle boxes back online here, as this is an older box we will not need it to be returned. 

Thank you @jonmc58 for your post and we are so sorry to hear that you have faced issues with your set top box. We would recommend creating your own post in regards to this so we can run checks for you. 

I emailed the complaint team who were super helpful and got back to me pretty quickly 

Great thank you for confirming you don't need it back thank you

Perfect thank you 

Hi Zoe2023.

That is great news.

Should you need anything else, Head back here first and we can happily advise.

Gareth_L