cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Account issues

Jlt2
Joining in

Can anyone help, I have been a virgin/ntl customer 20years. I have moved house, instead of moving my package. My account has been disconnected. I have now recieved a new router and new account info. I have been given the same package as I had, but more expensive. I had a tivo box, this is being collected Monday along with my old router. I haven't recieved a TV box and have no obvious way of contacting anybody. Please help

13 REPLIES 13

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jlt2

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having since moving home. 

Did you arrange a move of service with our team?

If so, was it agreed you would keep the same package at the new address? 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki, yes I spoke with someone through chatbox. The biggest issue is I haven't recieved my 360 box and when I attempt to log in or re register on the my virgin media app. It just says the email I can no longer use, is registered to the account.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us Jlt2 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion in regards to moving your services. You will have received a new contract because we allow our customers to amend their package, or remain at the same price when moving home. It is also updated to reflect your new address with us as we will cancel the services associated with your old one.

In addition, you are also assigned a new account number as it will contain all of the information we need to get the service setup at your new address. Rest assured, your contract and pricing will be manually amended by our Home Movers Team to the original price and end date, if there have been any changes whilst getting you set up at your new address (such as a higher price).

You'll receive a revised contract showing the correct information within 14 days of your move. If you don't receive this after this time or, you still notice a longer contract term or a different price, let us know and we can assist in amending things for you here.

In regard to your TV Boxes, I'm going to send you a private message, so we can assist further with this. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Jlt2
Joining in

Good evening, it would seem I have a couple of issues I need a bit of help with.

1) I moved house and my account number got changed. I now can't log into my virgin media. Keeps picking my old account up.

2) I have wifi and TV no problem. When I try to watch catch up or on demand, get error message network cable disconnected

Can anybody help please

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jlt2 

I've merged your post with your original thread as the account issues should have sorted by now, and it will help the forum staff going forward.

Unfortunately staff member Reece_MH who was helping you before has now left the company, so one of the other forum staff should pick this up.

It sounds like the home movers should have performed what they term as "move and transfer" of your details across from the old account to the new one, and this hasn't been actioned.

Did you get the new 360 box(es) are are you still on the old tivo?

If you have a 360 box it sounds like the error message "network cable disconnected" you have when trying watch catch up or on demand may be related to either a faulty ethernet cable, or that the ethernet cable has worked loose from either the back of the 360 or it's not fully plugged into the hub. 

That error message also shows up if you are connecting via wifi and there's an ethernet cable placed into the back of the 360 but it isn't connected to the hub..  the 360 won't try to connect to wifi  as it thinks it's hard wired to your hub, so remove the ethernet cable and try the wifi connection again.

If the box isn't connected to the internet it will also prevent the EPG updating and you will see lot's of "To be announced" messages instead of the program names.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Good morning newapollo, thanks for the reply

I didn't recieve a 360 box, just a new router. I still have tivo box. A engineer came and 'installed' everything for me. He ran a new cable from the access point at the router, around the property to the TV box. The only Ethernet cables are via two wall plugs, these have been synced to each other and the router. One into the router, one into the tivo box

Hi Jlt2 👋 Welcome back to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these two different issues with your service. 

In terms of the My VM account, this is likely still linked with your former account. We just need to get the login transferred over for you. I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you. 

For the TV fault with your on demand / catch up services, we just need to take a closer look and run through some troubleshooting steps with you. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Jlt2 

I'm not too sure on this, I hope he doesn't mind but I'm going to tag @japitts to confirm this.

I would be inclined to remove the ethernet cable from the tivo box as it has it's own inbuilt modem and thus doesn't need connecting to the hub. This should hopefully remove the error message and allow you to watch catch up/on demand services.

I think that if you have two tivo boxes then the ethernet cable is only used for streaming between two tivo's

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only function performed by the Ethernet on a TiVo is for multiroom streaming between TiVo/V6, and in-home streaming/downloading via TV Control. If you're doing neither, it's doing nothing.

Check your heartbeat light on the front-left of your TiVo - this is the status for the in-built modem. Is it flashing or static? If flashing - that's the on-board modem failed and a trigger for the box to be replaced with the newer V6. Same stable software but much newer and better hardware.

And that does use the Ethernet cable for the 'net connection....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks