cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I`ve cancelled and I just got a bill for April-May

DGC2021
On our wavelength

Good evening, I need a bit of advice please.

I`ve cancelled Virgin broadband on the 9th of March due to high prices, I`m out of contract since the 4th of February.

I received a text confirming disconnection on 9.th of April, I have paid my current bill on 19t of March, however, today I was issued with a new bill for 17.04 - 18.05.2024 period which I shouldn`t get as in 10 days from now Virgin will disconnect me.

I didn`t receive a final bill yet and the next month`s bill is £55 now which I really don`t want to pay on 19.04.

What are the chances that this new bill will be cancelled on or after the disconnection date?

Should I just cancel the direct debit and wait for the final bill to be issued which I can pay online?

Le. Just read on this forum that I`ll get the credits sent through post, in a check. Why is that? If I pay through DD, isn`t normal to have the credit sum returned to my bank account?

If I`m expected to keep my DD on and have Virgin taking as much as they want, why shall I have to cash in a check instead of getting my refund in my bank account?

This I really don`t understand??

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI DGC2021, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that things haven't been explained correctly to you. During the 30 day disconnection period, your billing will continue as normal but then once your services have been disconnected you will receive a final bill a few days later. As your account is due to disconnect on 9th April, your usual bills will continue until then. On the 9th April, a credit will be added to the account for time you've been billed passed your disconnection date. If you previous bill covers you up til 16th April then there will be a small refund due to you. 

This is held on file for 35 days to allow for any unbilled charges, after this it is then processed by the refunds team. If your Direct Debit remains active then the refund will be paid into your bank account directly. If you cancel the Direct Debit then we would send a cheque to the account address. 

I hope that explains things further for you but if you have any further questions, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

DGC2021
On our wavelength

Hi Kath, now I understand much better, thank you for explaining 🙂