cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sky Cinema UHD not available on Virgin TV Go?

KieranL
Tuning in

I recently renewed my contract with Virgin (which in itself was an unnecessarily ordeal for something that should have been straightforward) and my package contained Sky Cinema UHD and Sky Sports UHD.

When I go on to the Virgin TV Go app on my mobile, the Sky Cinema UHD option is there but either doesn't play or disappears when clicked. I'm not sure if UHD would be available on Virgin TV Go for mobile due to technical specifications, but would like to see if anyone could offer some insight, as I don't currently have access to a virgin media TV box due to being between houses and am not sure if my package has been set up correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi KieranL

There is no UHD content available on the TVGO app or the Sky Sports app. The only Sky Cinema UHD content available is via either the V6 or TV360 box and you need to have the Cinema UHD add on on your account. It's then accessable vie Box Sets & Moves > Movies > Sky Cinema UHD on your set top box.

You should be able to check if it's been added correctly by signing into /my-virgin-media and clicking on View Contract ( It's on the right hand side in the View Bill section)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KieranL,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your TV GO App looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration!

Sky Cinema content is loaded through the Sky Cinema App which should populate after you click on Sky Cinema, you will need to login to the Sky Cinema app using your Virgin Media details. 

If this isn't loading for you then please reinstall the app. 

Please also try loading the content up on a different device to see if it's only affecting your handset/tablet/laptop/PC. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Megan_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The immediate thought is that a mobile device that I suspect you're trying to use TV Go on, isn't going to be capable of anything much more than 1080-HD pictures. Is there any specific content you're trying to view in UHD, that doesn't have an HD equivalent?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I wasn't aware of a Sky Cinema App, is this supposed to act like Sky Sports app which opens up when you try to watch a sky sports channel? As unlike Sky sports, selecting a movie doesn't open a separate app.

I have tried it on my PC which is capable 4K HDR and it disappears from there also.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I missed that point - but the OP is right, the Sky Cinema app was closed a year or so back and all the content was moved to the TV Go app. It's only Sky Sports that now remains separate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

To be honest it's more that I don't have access to a virgin tv box at the moment to check it's been added correctly and wondered if it not showing up on virgin tv go was a non-issue.

Just that even on a PC capable of 4K HDR, I can't get UHD channels, so I wanted to confirm Virgin TV Go doesn't have access to UHD channels and I'm not worried for no reason.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi KieranL

There is no UHD content available on the TVGO app or the Sky Sports app. The only Sky Cinema UHD content available is via either the V6 or TV360 box and you need to have the Cinema UHD add on on your account. It's then accessable vie Box Sets & Moves > Movies > Sky Cinema UHD on your set top box.

You should be able to check if it's been added correctly by signing into /my-virgin-media and clicking on View Contract ( It's on the right hand side in the View Bill section)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali