cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy Virgin Stream

b0xx
Dialled in

I have cancelled my TV360 and I am now BB only account, my TV been switched off, how can I get the stream box? Been all over virgin site and my virginmedia and nowhere do I see the option, feels like they don’t want us to have one.

Surely this should be available option in my virginmedia to get one?

Any pointers in right direction other than using VM call centre or chat would be great. Tried chat this morning give up after an hour waiting on someone even saying hey that wasn’t a bot 😔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

b0xx
Dialled in

I got there in the end, best advice I gave to others, use the web chat box when it opens at 8am, I tried early afternoon and ended up closing it.

Got it sorted this morning and have it ordered coming 16/4/24 what also surprised me they offered to upgrade me to the 1GB speed for a very measly cost of the extra £2 for 18 months. My old speed volt 500 £66 and now volt 1GB for £68 plus the one off £35, So well pleased.

All I do now is wait and see if they will allow additional stream box’s anytime soon so I can get TV back in my bedroom but no biggie at the moment.

IMG_3036.jpeg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @b0xx 

Full details on VM Stream can be found on the following page which includes contact information which I have copy pasted from ( if you click on the request a call link it will open a page to take your details)

" it’s easy to get Stream on top. Simply talk to us on Live Chat or request a call from our team. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday (8am to 9pm), Saturday and Sunday (8am to 6pm)."

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

b0xx
Dialled in

I got there in the end, best advice I gave to others, use the web chat box when it opens at 8am, I tried early afternoon and ended up closing it.

Got it sorted this morning and have it ordered coming 16/4/24 what also surprised me they offered to upgrade me to the 1GB speed for a very measly cost of the extra £2 for 18 months. My old speed volt 500 £66 and now volt 1GB for £68 plus the one off £35, So well pleased.

All I do now is wait and see if they will allow additional stream box’s anytime soon so I can get TV back in my bedroom but no biggie at the moment.

IMG_3036.jpeg

b0xx
Dialled in

Additional question do I get a new modem automatically sent with new stream box with speed upgrade?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @b0xx 

You probably have a hub3 since your current speed is M500.  That hub can't do the 1gig so you will be sent either a hub 4 or a hub 5 (hopefully the hub 5) however which one you receive will depend upon stock levels.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

b0xx
Dialled in

Cheers, am a little worried as I did ask in the chat a number of times and every time was told no new router, I really hope one comes automatically. Thanks for your input.

@b0xx wrote:

IMG_3036.jpeg

VOLT upgrades are free for one speed tier uplift below 1gbps tier? Did you already use VOLT to get to 500mbps originally then as that would make sense the new offer was slightly more. If not, you been had for an extra £2 a month/£24 per year.

b0xx
Dialled in

Yes I already had Volt, uplifted from 350 too 500, now too a 1GB, so yes it was another up lift as you thought so better off.