cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe settings won't save.

cheesemaker6
Joining in

I have just had VM broadband installed. It looks like my websafe setting is switched to off. When I try to switch it on I get the message:

Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again.

It's the same for virus safe and child safe. I did try to access a restricted site over the WIFI and got an error message so I'm not sure if it's on or not but I don't have the option to choose at present.

It's the same in incognito and on other devices connected to the same WIFI.

27 REPLIES 27

I am having the same issue, except I am trying to switch the settings to off. I have recently gotten a new hub and have changed address

Hi JCSully, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issue you're having with switching that setting off. 

What happens when you access your online account and select to switch it off?

^Martin

That's the thing, when I go to the websafe options it looks like it is set to off. But sites are being blocked still. When I attemot to switch it on then off again it says that changes have  ot been saved, please try again later

JCSully
Joining in

Screenshot_20230502_183309_Samsung Internet.jpg

 As you can see here. Both are set to off but sites are still blocked and I cannot make any changes

Thanks for coming back to us @JCSully.

Let's see if we can have this resolved for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks David, I got it sorted through the Virgin Media whatsapp support

Mabbott
Joining in

I have this exact same issue. when I go to websafe settings and turn off (or on) the websafe settings they just snap back to they where they were before. They used to be able to be changed. Something has happened to the system. What's the fix for this. i've tried through my phone and PC and it's the same on both. 

Apologies for the issues experienced Mabbott, this has been raised and is being looked into by the team. Hopefully we will have a resolution or an update soon

Rob