cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe settings won't save.

cheesemaker6
Joining in

I have just had VM broadband installed. It looks like my websafe setting is switched to off. When I try to switch it on I get the message:

Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again.

It's the same for virus safe and child safe. I did try to access a restricted site over the WIFI and got an error message so I'm not sure if it's on or not but I don't have the option to choose at present.

It's the same in incognito and on other devices connected to the same WIFI.

27 REPLIES 27

Also do I have to pay for Virgin Media Internet Security in order to get this to work? 

Thanks for your reply though! It's just so frustrating.

Hi timcollier1965

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the web/child safe. Your original post says you wish to turn these on? They should be on via default, Do you mean turn them off? If so we can assist from here with this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No, they are not on. I want to stop my children being able to access adult websites. 

Thanks for coming back to us timcollier1965, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I have this same issue

Was there any resolution?

The alternative link didn't work either (no websafe option)

Yes. Stephen_L did some magic to get me sorted. I’m not sure how effective the child safe setting is though.

Hey ebbrunswick,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your web safe settings, have you been able to get this sorted or would you need further assistance to get this resolved?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Still the same issue. I would be grateful for your assistance

Hey ebbrunswick,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your web safe settings, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L