cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband upgrade

Ajay9205
Joining in

Hi

I ordered a broadband upgrade to the 500Mbps down, 50Mbps up, last Sunday for an extra £5pm. I got an email with my order with an expected date of Wednesday 28 June 2023.

Nothing happened and the order never showed on my account.

I went on live chat to order again as this time, the app said to contact VM to upgrade. This time, I was told it was 500Mbps down and 36Mbps up for an extra £6pm. I questioned the up speed as my understanding is that VM have increased the 500Mbps package upload to 50Mbps.

I did except the terms and placed the order. This isn't showing at the moment, but it says it takes 24 hours to show on your account.

The other issue is that my postcode is having an issue. Uploading is a fraction of what it should be.

There is no fix date on the page that says there is a problem. I was told a fix date of 4 July 2023.

I'm not happy at the lack of communication regarding this issue.

Cheers

Ajay

5 REPLIES 5

Ajay63
Tuning in

Upgrade is now active. Please ignore that part.

Client62
Legend

The automated number 0800 561 0061 will give info on the local service issue.

Ajay9205
Joining in

Thanks for the number but it doesn't tell me anything I want to know.

It's been going on far too long now, and it's about time it was fixed as I feel like I'm being fobbed off. I was told last week that it would be fixed by today. However, that is not the case 

Hey Ajay9205, I am sorry to hear about this.

Did the number advise on what time / date this would be fixed? Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew_ML

Sorry for not replying earlier. I was told the issue would be fixed on 7 July, and if it wasn't. An engineer would be booked.

However, when I returned home on Tuesday 4 July. It seemed to be fixed.
I got a message via the app on Wednesday 5 July that the issue was fixed and seems to have been fine so far.