cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning old equipment

MarkPlym
Tuning in

I upgraded my Virgin Media broadband from home broadband to business. The Virgin engineer who installed the new package took my old hub with him to return to Virgin.

Now, I keep getting emails (and a letter) saying I will be charged £40 if I don't return the equipment. How can I convince Virgin Media that the equipment has already been returned? My old account has been closed, so I can't log into the old My Virgin Media and do it from there. If I call the helpline, they can't help me because they need my account number, which is no longer active.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MarkPlym 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the return equipment dispute.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

MarkPlym
Tuning in

So, if anyone is browsing this thread and wonders what's happend, it looks like this:

- apparently the engineer who installed my new package and took with him my old router didn't scan it properly in the system. At least that's the answer I got from John (above) after his investigations. John, thanks for trying to help!

- so, no idea whether I will be charged that £40 fee that VM has been threatening to do, for equipment that is in their posession.

- This comes after the last time I had a problem with Virgin - when I moved house - they also threatened to charge me for equipment that I didn't returned, but they were not sending the envelope/address where I could return it. So I thought this time, if I let the engineer take it, it avoids THAT problem. Nope, I just got a new problem.

- I suspect the end of this is, whatever you do, Virgin Media will try to make some extra money off you. They charged me 1 month extra (at the inflated price) when I changed my contract to another VM package; and now it's this return equipmant saga. 

Let us know if VMB proves any better. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).