cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning old equipment

MarkPlym
Tuning in

I upgraded my Virgin Media broadband from home broadband to business. The Virgin engineer who installed the new package took my old hub with him to return to Virgin.

Now, I keep getting emails (and a letter) saying I will be charged £40 if I don't return the equipment. How can I convince Virgin Media that the equipment has already been returned? My old account has been closed, so I can't log into the old My Virgin Media and do it from there. If I call the helpline, they can't help me because they need my account number, which is no longer active.

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MarkPlym 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the return equipment dispute.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

MarkPlym
Tuning in

So, if anyone is browsing this thread and wonders what's happend, it looks like this:

- apparently the engineer who installed my new package and took with him my old router didn't scan it properly in the system. At least that's the answer I got from John (above) after his investigations. John, thanks for trying to help!

- so, no idea whether I will be charged that £40 fee that VM has been threatening to do, for equipment that is in their posession.

- This comes after the last time I had a problem with Virgin - when I moved house - they also threatened to charge me for equipment that I didn't returned, but they were not sending the envelope/address where I could return it. So I thought this time, if I let the engineer take it, it avoids THAT problem. Nope, I just got a new problem.

- I suspect the end of this is, whatever you do, Virgin Media will try to make some extra money off you. They charged me 1 month extra (at the inflated price) when I changed my contract to another VM package; and now it's this return equipmant saga. 

Let us know if VMB proves any better. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi @MarkPlym,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about all of this. If you do receive any disputed charges going forward then please reach back out to us here and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

spell
Knows their stuff

More to the point if Virgin take money from the OPs account if the circumstances given are correct it would be a basic case of theft