cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technician failed to visit , for the fourth time!

Weefifer
Dialled in

Hi, feel the need to rant, November a fault was found in cable and a cable repull advised, three appointments made, no one appeared, no phone call, nothing, had to phone customer services to find out what was happening, each time being told to wait until 6pm (apt time was 1-6pm), all they did was rearrange another date. Today’s apt was 6/1/24 1-6pm. Phoned at 4.30, told to wait until 6, ……. Well it’s now 6.05, Guess what, no show, no calls, really fed up. How do I get this sorted, help is needed as customer services can’t help.

20 REPLIES 20

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Weefifer,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your cable re-pull, I can see that another date has been re-arranged for the visit, have you been advised of this new appointment date and time?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, thank you for asking. I called again (14th call) this morning, took some doing as trying to explain that we have very intermittent issues. Struggling a lot of time to stream etc, of the gig I’m supposed to get, lucky to get 5-10%. If it’s ok when I’m on a call to them, then there is nothing wrong. Finally given a date of 24th January 8-1am. This is the 6th date I’ve been given. The biggest issue is of where the cable has to come from, the contractors know, have seen it and need us to be here to decide how it will get here, so have been in, waiting, no calls, no visits, no help. I’m not even convinced they will be here on the 24th.

How do I get notifications of replies?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is a dire situation. You're a victim of Virginmedia's lack of interest in customer care.

Since you are getting some sort of service however poor, they will probably resist paying compensation. You'd get a better response from them if the cable failed completely. Is that likely to happen? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Weefifer
Dialled in

Not likely unless frost destroys it lol, but you right, I feel abandoned lol

Hi Weefifer, 

Thanks for coming back to us and keeping us posted on how things have been. 

We're sorry this is still ongoing for you. We can see the appointment is still booked in and everything has been approved from this side. 

Please let us know how the appointment goes on the 24th and if you have any further delays, pop back here and we can chase this for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath, feel totally abandoned by virgin customer services, they are only reading from a screen which is not being updated from contractors. This has been going on from5th dec, and currently on date number 6. Will pop back and update on the 24th. I’m still not getting email alerts though that you and others have posted a reply, checked profile etc and it is switched on.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Weefifer

Thank you for your reply and we are so sorry you feel this way, we would never want our customers to feel this way. I will pop you over a PM and we can look into this for you. Just keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
Thanks,
Zoie

Thanks Zoie, have replied to your PM

What a star Zoie is, finally with her help they finally came today and did the cable repull ! Her support and superb support has been greatly appreciated! Without her I think I would still be waiting.