cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technician failed to visit , for the fourth time!

Weefifer
Dialled in

Hi, feel the need to rant, November a fault was found in cable and a cable repull advised, three appointments made, no one appeared, no phone call, nothing, had to phone customer services to find out what was happening, each time being told to wait until 6pm (apt time was 1-6pm), all they did was rearrange another date. Today’s apt was 6/1/24 1-6pm. Phoned at 4.30, told to wait until 6, ……. Well it’s now 6.05, Guess what, no show, no calls, really fed up. How do I get this sorted, help is needed as customer services can’t help.

20 REPLIES 20

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should receive compensation for this - as per these...

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Weefifer
Dialled in

Next update, no one turned up yesterday, again called this morning, told it had been rescheduled to today 1-6pm, so far nearly 4pm, no one appeared as yet, no calls, absolute crap, so fed up.

Weefifer
Dialled in

They send out a text to say they are coming on date (had 5 dates so far) but put at the bottom that I don’t need to be there ………. But I do, it’s on record of where the cable is coming from, wooded area at the bottom of the garden. So I’ve been in each time. Guess I will be calling again tomorrow morning.

Weefifer
Dialled in

Can anyone help???

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

lets set your expectations - you will get no help - the people you are speaking to are reading a screen that gives them a date when things are set to happen - its pie in the sky as they have no idea or more exactly the system has no idea other than some made up date in the future when todays work did not happen

the work will be with contractors and once VM put the work out all communication stops until the job is done - even then it can take weeks for that info to be passed back to VM

white vans may come and go as a team of contractors attend and think it looks too difficult or is raining or theres an R in the month so drive away to the next job that they hope will be easier

it will happen when it happens - nothing you say or do will bring that forward and helpful noises from staff here are also unlikely to help

you are entitled too compensation whist this merry go round continues so keep records as if and when they finally connect you that is likely to be your next battle - they will do their best to screw you out of what you are owed

Tony.
Sacked VIP

That’s what I think, it’s very awkward. The PIT, a hole in the ground, is in a wooded area at the back of our garden. It’s pretty inaccessible and the technicians hate having to go to it. It’s roughly 60-100mtrs of cabling required. So I guess I will keep calling to find out when.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

calling VM is a waste of time - they have got rid of the job so are clueless - you need to try and find out who is the sub contractor for your area - CS might know - if you can get that then calling them might move you forward - failing that you need to contact the area field manager - they are hard to find - i doubt CS will even know they exist - staff here may be able to get a message to them

other than that just sit on your hands and collect about £6 a day until it happens

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hopefully one of the staff will read and I can get some answers. When I call again tomorrow I will ask who the contractor is and a contact number. They can’t just wash their hands when they contract them to do a job. Thanks for the info

@Weefifer wrote:

Snip

They can’t just wash their hands when they contract them to do a job. Thanks for the info

Actually, they can, and sometime do!

What nobody has asked, and actually is really important, is what is the status of your internet connection? Is it completely gone, or working intermittently, or working but at a reduced speed etc? The is legally important and will reflect on the compensation you could expect or you pressure you could apply to VM.

External work, generally doesn't require you to be at home, because it's, well, external! Your situation may well be unusual, but VM simply won't have any internal process to deal with that! As mentioned above, I'm afraid to say that VM simply do not know, or appear to care, what their contractors are doing, or not doing. At best you will get a generic response from a forum team member, apologising, parroting the company approved line 'this is not the level of service we ......', offering to help, taking it all to a personal message, (a more cynical person than I, might construe this as an attempt to bury the bad news out of the public view), etc. What they won't do is give any useful help, simply because they aren't able to - such is the way VM have decided to run their systems!