Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin subcontractor damaged property

Tuning in

IMG_3999.jpeg

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_4001.jpeg

Hi, I wonder if anybody could please point me in the direction of some help please. We weren’t at home one day when a virgin subcontractor entered our property without our permission so therefore trespassing. They have drilled a hole through my new garden wall, damaging the brickwork. They have then clipped a cable right along my fence panels so I can’t remove them to paint them and have drilled unnecessary holes into my he brickwork on my house to install a brown box. I didn’t ask for any of this to be done nor was we notified that virgin intended to do this. I believe that they have tried to install a connection to the wrong address. A few days after I noticed this I saw the workmen on my street and told them if my complaint. The guy said he would get somebody to contact us. We waited and wait but have recieved no contact from anyone. My husband phoned and spoke to customer services who arranged for an engineer to visit us to see what had happened. The engineer who arrived believed he had been booked to move our modem. We didn’t ask for this doing, the engineer had no clue about the new installation. I’m unhappy about the damage to my property and the poor customer service. How can I formally complain please? 

thanks.

IMG_3995.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

let me be clear - you have not ordered a VM install and someone either cannot read the work order and has gone to the wrong address or someone else had written the wrong address with the same result 

either way - a mess - VM staff will get to the thread in a day or two and may be able to open a complaint for you - expect nothing from that other than a box being ticked - it will be lost/ignored or answered in 3rd world english that is unlikely to help

you will also get profound apologies from whichever staff member picks this up and an offer [probably] to investigate - that will go nowhere other than starting the merry go round of delay - VM history on things like this is to string it out until you are so p i s s e d off with nothing happening you give up and go away

from your point of view you have a couple of choices - play the VM game and get nowhere or find a pair of wire cutters and a screw driver and puts things back to how they were - sand and cement or silicone to fill the holes and move on - life is too short to wait for nothing to happen 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

let me be clear - you have not ordered a VM install and someone either cannot read the work order and has gone to the wrong address or someone else had written the wrong address with the same result 

either way - a mess - VM staff will get to the thread in a day or two and may be able to open a complaint for you - expect nothing from that other than a box being ticked - it will be lost/ignored or answered in 3rd world english that is unlikely to help

you will also get profound apologies from whichever staff member picks this up and an offer [probably] to investigate - that will go nowhere other than starting the merry go round of delay - VM history on things like this is to string it out until you are so p i s s e d off with nothing happening you give up and go away

from your point of view you have a couple of choices - play the VM game and get nowhere or find a pair of wire cutters and a screw driver and puts things back to how they were - sand and cement or silicone to fill the holes and move on - life is too short to wait for nothing to happen 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Yes Tony that’s it. Not ordered or requested it and I wasn’t at home.the complaint I raised with the guys on the steeet was never picked up either. The customer service seems poor so far.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

poor - thats a compliment really - lousy - abismal - non existant they are nearer the mark

lets just manage your expectations

start with nothing will happen and you are in a good place - all sorts might be said and promised but thats what they are good at - BS and lies will abound all with the express hope that you will go away and stop bothering them - if you do speak to anybody and are promised anything from call backs to someone attending take it as the necxt porky to get you off the phone - thats all they need to close the call and mark it as solved

so as i said and others may add - sort it - move on and forget VM because they sure as hell will forget you

Tony.
Sacked VIP

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I'm afraid you are just the latest innocent victim of this practice. Virginmedia use subcontractors to install these cables, and control of their work is very poor.

Take lots of photos and repair the damage yourself. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

spell
Knows their stuff

Do not expect any help or assistance from VM here - as you have identified there are serious offences committed  and VMs response should be to squirm and do everything possible to rectify the matter and placate you. This would be a natural response from a reputable company. VM will give apologies saying this falls below their normal standards (it doesn't) and use delaying tactics initially consisting of asking a host of irrelevant questions, pontificate then then just ignore you until you go away.

They are the  bad guys here and you are now in dispute with them - don't expect any assistance from them, it is for you to take charge of the situation and for starters I would suggest contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau for free independent advice.

Good luck with it

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you follow this forum for a while you may well see a post from an intending customer who had a technician arrive to install their internal equipment but couldn't because the outside cables hadn't been installed as he had been told. 

You'll know why! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yes, it's amazing really the amount of topics on here from actual customers who can't get a VM connection installed alongside a steady stream of topics from non-customers who get a VM connection installed that they didn't want and didn't ask for!

carl_pearce
Community elder

Ironic really that customers who want a connection don't get one, and the general public who don't... do!

Tuning in

I’ve contacted the sub contractor direct but like VM they are yet to reply 🙄