cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for pre pull

Bigrich89
Tuning in

Still waiting for vm pre pull to come out, had one guy come and have a look and left 5 mins later. Then had 3 guys come, stood around for 5 mins, took the pedestrian fencing **bleep** out and then packed up and left. Anyone know what the purple ducting is for?? The first guy said he ain’t got a clue. 

image.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

There is this guide to duct colours but I am none the wiser in your case. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this a new build? If so the developer should know.  It may be an Alt-Net?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Purple might be Cityfibre, have you checked on their site?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Plenty of choices for telecoms conduits inc. grey, white, green, black, purple in the document below (page 6)

http://streetworks.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/VOL-1-reviewed.pdf

In the pic it looks like Openreach gets grey, two white VM coax cables look like they are hanging above the purple and a piece of black flexible conduit for A N Other over the green

Of course, the VM cables from the wall might have possibly been meant to go over green which, if so, will result in some interesting wall box and wiring confusion trying to make that look neat on the outside!

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bigrich89, thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community.

We're sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in 😔

Have you tried following the advice provided and have you received any updates on the matter since you posted?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Bigrich89
Tuning in

Now pushed back to the 8th October, been given the old council work permits excuse. Also why is sit so hard to cancel now that I don’t want to wait?

Do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hey @Bigrich89,

Thanks for getting back to us, sorry to see you have been delayed again and are wanting to cancel, were you able to go about arranging a cancellation via our system?

Joe

Bigrich89
Tuning in

So should be getting installed this Saturday, not getting my hopes up as twice virgin have called me this week to confirm the appointment, and told me the pull through was due to happen that day. 2 houses at the end of the street have had the pull through and they moved in after I did. Just waiting for the inevitable email to say it’s delayed again. At which point I will make sure it’s cancelled as I won’t be able to cancel my sky subscription