cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-location of Wall Socket

MeerkatMadness
Joining in

Hi VM,

We've recently moved home and the existing Virgin Media wall socket is located in one of the 1st floor bedrooms (which belongs to our child, therefore concerned they may switch it off). We would like this to be re-located please into our living room on ground floor. Could a VM engineer be booked in please to re-locate the wall socket?

Kind regards,

Robert

8 REPLIES 8

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MeerkatMadness 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

We can most certainly arrange for a technician to come out and relocate the wall socket. However, as this is a non fault call out, there will be a charge of £25.

If you are happy to proceed, then please do respond to my PM 📩 and we will take it from there.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @MeerkatMadness 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have the wall socket relocated. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I have a similar request. How can I book a technician to relocate the wall socket? Thanks

Hi @levien 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. We can certainly assist you with a relocation, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi VM,

I have a request to move a wall socket could you please message me to arrange?

thank you

dan.

Hi danbailey87,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community  😊

There's a £25 charge from moving a socket, so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

DaveR1987
Joining in

Jumping in on this thread. I am also looking on getting my wall socket relocated from downstairs to upstairs.

I've tried looking for somewhere to book online and also over the phone, butbjad no luck. So trying here instead. 

Hi @DaveR1987 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've had no luck booking your wall socket relocation.  As my colleague advised earlier in this thread, there would be a £25.00 call out charge for us to arrange this. I am going to send you a private message to take some details. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R