cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing wall socket

MohamedMorsy
Joining in

I couldn't find the wall socket in the flat. There is only the attached socket can i use it? And when I check in the website. It said that the virgin media is available. Note that there is no furniture in the flat so It not hidden behind them.

20240416_181838.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When the web site says VM is available it does not necessarily mean the cables into your home, only on your street. If you go for VM a technician will do all the cabling needed, they do not use existing OpenReach cabling.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Do I ask virgin media to install it? Or who?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM does it as part of the install 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are showing as available on the postcode checker but the house has never had a service, then it just means a service duct has been installed in the street which your house has access too.

Look for something like this on the pavement outside:

Tobi boxTobi boxCable service duct HFC TeeCable service duct HFC Tee

This is what the installers will use to connect you.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @MohamedMorsy Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with the internal wall socket.
An engineer does install this if the property doesn't have one.

May I ask if you've been sent a Quickstart setup (self install) or are waiting for an engineer to come out and get this installed?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I subscribed to M125 broadband. And received the pre-contract documents which waiting for my approval but after that I noticed that the flat which I rented, didn't have a wall socket. So is the installation of the wall socket is part from the installation of the hub or not?

Also, is there an email to contact virgin media on it?

Thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MohamedMorsy thanks for posting.

We can see that a colleague has responded to you in this thread.  We'll therefore take steps to get this thread closed down. Do please let my colleague know if you require any further assistance regarding the installation of your service.

Kind regards

Lee_R