cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5

Steve1010
Joining in

I’ve just upgraded to the1 gig internet and still haven’t got my hub 5 is there a reason why, because it states that it comes with the upgrade 

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both the Hub 4 and 5 are used by VM to support the 1Gb Tier.  I expect you will get whatever one is in stock at the time?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Steve1010 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your query. As mentioned by @Adduxi, both hub 4 and Hub 5 can support 1 gig speed https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub Are you having any issues with your service? Is there anything we can help with?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My download speed to the router is 1166 but to my device it’s only in the 250/450 range, is this normal or is they something wrong? 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This would suggest the issue is with your device? If WiFi are you using the faster 5Ghz band? If wired what device and OS are you using?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My device is a iPhone 14 Pro  , 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Should not be the iPhone as long as it’s on the 5Ghz band. My iPhone 15 Pro gets 1921 down 2161 up to my access point, but of course only the circuit speed out to the internet 1105 down and 105 up.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @Steve1010 👋.

This is perfectly normal, your phone could be on the 2.4ghz, or the 5ghz side of the WiFi and give what is available at that time, as well as your phone being in a resting phase, where the CPU is not in high demand for what the mobile device is doing at that time. You could perform the same test using another device and the results will not match both devices. When we ask for speed tests to ensure you are getting the correct amount, we will ask for this over a laptop/PC for a more accurate reading. 

If you are still concerned about your speeds, we can certainly look over your equipment and perform some checks and diagnostics. I will drop you a private message 😀

Sabrina.