cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin Media Box, despite quick start package

megan277
Joining in

I signed up for Virgin and got my Hub etc yesterday, quick start package, as my address is covered. However, I can't see any evidence of a virgin box, inside or outside. Just the BT things and an old TV outlet. Outside there is a box that's painted grey as the old owner loved to paint EVERYTHING one colour. This appears to lead into the TV outlet. 

Essentially I want an engineer I think! I'm on hold but from what I hear, it's a long wait. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will only have been sent a QuickStart pack if the premises previously had VM. The box and cables may have been removed by the previous occupiers. There should be an omnibox, often brown or gray, on the outside of the premises, try tracing the cable/s from it. If no luck call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. Look outside for a brown or grey VM box on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd
Try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks