cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home - Contract issue

AdamD4
Joining in

Hi,

I have been a customer with Virgin Media for around 9 years and I was paying for my services "out of contract" meaning I had already paid the minimum term. I recently bought a home and wanted to move my services to my new address, I requested that my services do not change and I just want to move them to the new address. After some back and forth I finally managed to do so - including paying the final bill at my old address and subsequently being double billed at my new address. This didn't bother me too much as I was just glad to have moved the services.

I have noticed a huge drop in my internet speed at the new address and decided I wanted to switch provider as paying £69.90 a month for less than 30Mb/s seemed extortionate. Before doing so, I looked at the email I was sent when I moved houses and noticed that it is actually under contract again with a minimum term of 18 months - Is this just my old contract or will I have to pay an for an early disconnection fee of 15 months?

Summary

• Customer for 9 years, paying for services  "out of contract" (past the minimum term)
  • Moved houses, requesting no changes to my package
  • Internet speed is worse so wanted to switch provider
  • Checked email I was sent after moving houses to see that I have a minimum term again
1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @AdamD4 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue since moving home, I would be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a direct message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.