cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing package

alasdair003
Tuning in

I'm looking to change my current package as I have things I no longer use. I currently have Mixit TV, Virgin TV 360 box, Telephone Line Rental, Voicemail, Weekend Chatter, and M500 Fibre Broadband.

I don't use any of these aside from the M500 Fibre, and I was looking to change to only Gig1 Fibre Broadband as it's cheaper than what I'm currently paying. When I try to change my package on MyVirginMedia it does not allow me to remove anything, only add things. Does anyone know of a way to sort this out online? Phone calls with Virgin Media have been no use.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@alasdair003 wrote:

I'm looking to change my current package as I have things I no longer use. I currently have Mixit TV, Virgin TV 360 box, Telephone Line Rental, Voicemail, Weekend Chatter, and M500 Fibre Broadband.

I don't use any of these aside from the M500 Fibre, and I was looking to change to only Gig1 Fibre Broadband as it's cheaper than what I'm currently paying. When I try to change my package on MyVirginMedia it does not allow me to remove anything, only add things. Does anyone know of a way to sort this out online? Phone calls with Virgin Media have been no use.

Thanks.

There are two reasons you cannot downgrade online:

1) Your package comes with a plethora of discounts. Removing items affects the price of what you keep as well as for what you drop.

2) It also gives VM a chance to sell you something that might not be listed elsewhere, as not all of the packages/pricing available is on the website.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you are out of contract you may be able to negotiate a change by phoning the 'thinking of leaving us' line.  As already advised you may find it difficult to get a substantial reduction. 

Don't be mislead by the advertised price of a 1Gbps connection, that is for new users only. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alasdair003 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies for the issues that you have been facing with changing your package, this is not the type of service we aim to provide. We would like to assist, we would need to bring you in for a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina