cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet connection

mick_duffin
Tuning in

Hi had no Internet connection since this morning, the hub 3 has a green flashing light.. tried resetting it but still the same.

If I log into the hub it gives the error no rf signal detected. 

Any ideas are there any outages in the Derbyshire area?

Thanks

Mick.

14 REPLIES 14

mick_duffin
Tuning in

well got up this morning and it appears to be up again.... will have a look when I get home... Was told by VM that there were no issues in my area but the face that I was getting the No RF signal error either there was an issue or there is an issue with the Hub 3... I'll keep monitoring and see how it goes...

mick_duffin
Tuning in

OK so connection is down again from last night.... the most annoying thing is i thought it was resolved so cancelled the engineer 😞 so got to start all over again we organising this... starting to get a little frustrated with this now!!

mick_duffin
Tuning in

forgot to mention... as the previous outage the bottom light on the front of the Hub 3 is flashing green and also when you search for networks the guest network is showing which is weird as i disabled this.. wondering if the hub is faulty?

Got an engineer booked for Saturday... so just have to live with no broadband I suppose!! 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

If you want to reset the Hub 3 try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mick_duffin
Tuning in

yeah thanks, I've checked for local faults and there aren't any ( according to the system ) I'll give the reset a go once I'm home tonight but this is what I did Sunday lunchtime and it didn't fix it when i did it then ( but Monday morning it was back on ) and then again yesterday afternoon at about 15:45 it went off and is still off now..

mick_duffin
Tuning in

Reset hub at approx. 6.30pm with no luck at reconnecting... according to the logs it reconnected at 1.30am and has been connected since.. still going to have the engineer come out just to double check everything.. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Mick_dufflin, 

Thank you for your messages to us here on the Forum. 

We apologise for the issues you have been experiencing with the service. 

As part of our checks, we have run some tests from our side and can see all recent outages have now been closed as resolved. 

With this being the case, can you please confirm if you have seen any improvements today?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi,

Can you confirm there has been issues with my connection? all the VM status checks say there was no issue so I'm a little confused.. I have an engineer booked but don't want to cancel this if there is a chance the issue isn't resolved.

But yes the connection has been stable yesterday and so far today.

mick_duffin
Tuning in

So just checked and no appointments are showing on my account... I had a confirmation that it had been booked... has this now been cancelled?

Can someone check and let me know please.