cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable move

Mjrickett16
Tuning in

Hi. Just finishing off a loft conversion and will need the minibix cable moved from 1st floor to the loft. As I don't know the exact date I will need this, was just wondering roughly how long I need to give them a heads up? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to point out If a cable is going above 1st floor height it will have to go internally. Virgin techs are not trained or insured to work externally above 1st floor heights.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to point out If a cable is going above 1st floor height it will have to go internally. Virgin techs are not trained or insured to work externally above 1st floor heights.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Mjrickett16
Tuning in

Not a problem although it's currently entering at skirting board level and I need it at ceiling level as its blocking a piece of furniture at the moment. Once that is done it can run up through the eaves. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mjrickett16 wrote:

Not a problem although it's currently entering at skirting board level and I need it at ceiling level as its blocking a piece of furniture at the moment. Once that is done it can run up through the eaves. 

You will just have to hope it is within the reach of their provided ladder. If it’s not they won’t do it.

Or it could have the entry point moved from the left to the right side of the first floor, if that would be easier. 

Alternatively, if it suits, put in a piece of electrical conduit externally yourself with a draw rope inside so the VM tech can pull through the cable into the loft conversion without climbing up any ladders beyond first floor level.