cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move box from the loft

Shonalp
Joining in

It took me ages to find my virgin box which was in the loft. I have had to connect the tv via Wi-Fi as the Ethernet cable will not reach 2 floors down and my phone is stuck in the loft. Can an engineer please move my box to a more convenient place downstairs please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BnT86
On our wavelength

Hi, I’m just a customer but I think VM’s responsibility ends when they get the service to your property. If it is in the loft and was accepted by whoever had it installed, they’d probably charge to move the box. 

It may be better to find a local IT engineer to wire up some Ethernet cabling in your house?

I appreciate that’s perhaps not the answer you wanted and I may be wrong, but that’s what I’d expect them to say. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

BnT86
On our wavelength

Hi, I’m just a customer but I think VM’s responsibility ends when they get the service to your property. If it is in the loft and was accepted by whoever had it installed, they’d probably charge to move the box. 

It may be better to find a local IT engineer to wire up some Ethernet cabling in your house?

I appreciate that’s perhaps not the answer you wanted and I may be wrong, but that’s what I’d expect them to say. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you are a new customer, and have set up the equipment as part of a 'Quick Start' pack, but you have discovered the existing VM connection is in an unsuitable location for you, you should be able to get VM to relocate that free of charge as part of the setup process.

If the above applies to you, call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734, explain the issue and request a free tech visit to relocate the connection point to where you need it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shonalp,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues locating your Virgin Media equipment.

Can you tell us a little more about the situation? Did you recently move into the property and the equipment was installed in the loft, or did you have to install the equipment there as there are no other connections?

Please let us know so that we can assist further.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you. A engineer is coming tomorrow to help 🙂

I have lived here for 9 years and the previous owners had virgin. But when I moved in, I moved my sky over. Im just switching to Virgin now and didn't realise the box was in the loft until I started the quick set up. Whihc was not quick at all because I have cables all running to my dining room as that is where my sky box used to be.

Thank you @Shonalp and we are glad that you now have the engineer booked.

Are you able to let us know how things are looking after the appointment? 

Shonalp
Joining in

The engineer was great. Moved the socket and sorted all my channels out 

Hi @Shonalp 

Thanks for coming back to the thread and letting us know how the visit went.

We're glad everything is fixed.

Do pop back to the community if you need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill