cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatible wall socket

TimStedman
Joining in

Hi, I’m trying to install my new VM router but the VM wall socket is incompatible with the red end of the cable.  See here 

IMG_0931.jpeg

Can anyone please advise what I should do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The OUT terminal from the Technetix isolator has a terminator cap on it. You need a small spanner to remove this. Then push the connector VM have provided over the screw thread.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The OUT terminal from the Technetix isolator has a terminator cap on it. You need a small spanner to remove this. Then push the connector VM have provided over the screw thread.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TimStedman
Joining in

Thank you.  That was enormously helpful.  

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @TimStedman, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Pleased to hear that @nodrogd, has been able to point you in the correct direction to the fix.

Do please let us know if there's anything further required, and if you have any faults with the service, you're always welcome to start a new thread for our VIPs or Forum Team to pick up.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@David_Bn wrote:

Good Afternoon @TimStedman, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Pleased to hear that @nodrogd, has been able to point you in the correct direction to the fix.

Do please let us know if there's anything further required, and if you have any faults with the service, you're always welcome to start a new thread for our VIPs or Forum Team to pick up.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

so by implication you dont want the riff raff who come here picking anything up and posting making a bigger mess of this abortion you have as a forum

Tony.
Sacked VIP