cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens after a factory reset on a hub 3?

CLFOwen
Joining in

We had our fibre installed yesterday and after a few issues, we've now been told to test it via the status tab on the app. This has come up and said that it needs a factory reset.

My worry is that it says that it will let us know how to reconnect devices after it's done it. Does this mean I'll have to go round the devices putting the password in again? 

We're not experiencing any issues with it and devices seem to be working OK and still connected.

Should I ignore it????

Thanks for any feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

The VM Connect app is a grim piece of software that appears to have but one goal, to cause the customer more trouble than it is worth, this is why we do not have th Connect app installed on our mobiles.

After a RESET of the Hub 3 ( or any VM Hub ) it will revert to the factory shipping condition, ( if changed) the Hub admin menu password and Wi-Fi password will both revert to the values shown on the label on the base of the Hub.  The Hub 3 will also revert to the original software which could be some years old.

We have has a Hub 3 since the service started here in 2017, I have never found a need to touch the RESET button.

I am reluctant to tamper with any piece of kit that is working.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Client62
Legend

The VM Connect app is a grim piece of software that appears to have but one goal, to cause the customer more trouble than it is worth, this is why we do not have th Connect app installed on our mobiles.

After a RESET of the Hub 3 ( or any VM Hub ) it will revert to the factory shipping condition, ( if changed) the Hub admin menu password and Wi-Fi password will both revert to the values shown on the label on the base of the Hub.  The Hub 3 will also revert to the original software which could be some years old.

We have has a Hub 3 since the service started here in 2017, I have never found a need to touch the RESET button.

I am reluctant to tamper with any piece of kit that is working.