cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media support is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL! USELESS 'CHILD SAFE' FEATURE.

s123ali
Tuning in

I've contacted Virgin Media three times. Twice by messaging support both on-site and WhatsApp and once by phone. Every time, trying to get help with how the 'child safe' feature on my hub is not working. Even though the option is ticked on my account settings, those sites can still be accessed. 

I don't understand, why this feature is available if it does not work. I am trying to protect my children from harmful and innapropriate sites which have become increasingly accessible in this day and age. If Virgin Media can't manage to make this simple feature work, they should not have this feature. It is ridiculous.

This situation has completely exhausted me. For over 2 weeks I have been trying a multitude of things myself to understand why 'child safe' is not working. Anything I got from my communications with the Virgin Media support team was stuff I have already tried. No information their team has provided has been of any help. On my phone call, the person on the line said they would further my case to the relevant department to sort it out.

Nothing has happened.

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

Child Safe is a DNS feature, it is not implemented in the VM Hub.

A search of this forum in the section Stay safe online >>> Switched On Families shows customers have been regularly complaining about the management of Child Safe not Enabling and / or not Disabling the functionality for getting on for 18 months.

Perhaps have a look at products similar to :

https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/228007127-FamilyShield-Computer-Configuration-Instruct...

vmrunreliable
Superfast

Perhaps giving a clue as to what you've already tried would help. It would help avoiding giving suggestions that you've already tried. 

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi s1234ali

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums. 

I am really sorry that you're having issues with the Childsafe feature and completely understand that you want to protect your children from harmful content online.

Childsafe is working correctly for the majority of customers, however for customers having issues with it currently we will need to raise an IT ticket for the issue to be investigated.

I've popped over a private message so I can take your details and raise a ticket for you.

Thanks

Beth

Thankyou for your response Beth. I have responded to your DM.

thankyou for your message, I have tried going onto DNS, but the situation remains unchanged.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

What Is My DNS Server? Check Your DNS Server Address (top10vpn.com)

you can use DNS 1.1.1.3 and 1.0.0.3 to block Adult Content

---------------------------------------------------------------