cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely Useless

kevin36
Joining in

I am having an absolute nightmare getting my services installed and thought that today was the end of it, it wasn’t.

I have waited since May last year to get internet installed in my property and have been rescheduled every 2-3 weeks ever since. Every time I called no one could give me a clear answer as to why it kept getting delayed. 

External works were required, which were done in July/ Aug 23. Then delayed again. Come January 24 they postponed the whole install. 

Comex2000 turned up a few weeks ago and dug up the street to lay new ducting. This was done within a few days. Comex then sent out a tech to lay the cable on Saturday. He done this and then came back this morning to run the cable from the pavement to my house and then mounted the box on the wall. Job done. On the winning straight. 

My install was scheduled for between 1pm and 6pm today. I got a call from someone in India at 11.30am to say that my instal was delayed again as the works had not been completed!

After many many calls and people not telling me why my install was actually delayed I am very frustrated. As far as I can tell, Virgin think that the cable has still to be pulled to my property. This was done on Saturday. The cable has been run under my driveway and just needs to be put through the wall into my living room. I even helped the contractor with laying the cable! The last person I spoke to said that the Area Manager has put a note on the system to say not to pull the date forward. 

I just need my services installed, I’ve been waiting 10 months! How hard is it? It’s 2024! There is no reason why I should have been delayed again today, especially as I received a text from Virgin confirming that the external work was complete and it was on track. Absolute joke. 

If you could kindly come back to me with how to move this forward it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

6 REPLIES 6

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Kevin36.

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to our community.

We are shocked to see you have been waiting since May last year to get the services installed.

From here we are able to check a few things and can see the its showing the hub is online.

Does this mean from your side the services have been installed as well.

We hope to hear back from you soon.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

My services were only installed the day after this post as I had to contact an area manager via LinkedIn who was kind enough to rectify the situation. 

The biggest issue over the last 10 months was the lack of clear communication on what the actual issues where. I was just continually told that there was contractor works required. 

if I could get better broadband with another provider I’d be long gone. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I trust that you have kept a log of all the delivery promises from VM, because you will be entitled to a very large amount of compensation for the delay. This should be automatic, but VM will probably try to avoid paying it. In which case you'll need to refer it to the Ombudsman, so you'll need that log.

The contractor works delay is not a valid excuse for not paying compensation. It's VM's problem, not yours. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yeah got them all, £29.15 per delay plus £75 for the first one. My bill doesn’t show this though so there will be a phone call tomorrow to customer service. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Plus £5.83 per day! 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @kevin36, thank you for your post.

I can see you've spoken to the team since you posted. Has this now been dealt with?

Regards,
Daniel