cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds on Ethernet but Normal Speeds on Wifi

SHELDOR000
Tuning in

Hey I Recently Upgraded to GIg 1 Internet but I've been having a strange problem to where my speed on ethernet is slower that my speed on Wi-Fi I'm using the cable that came with the box and I've been up to 500-600Mbps but nowhere near the speeds I've been getting I've tried a bunch of stuff I've seen on the forms I've went into safe mode with networking nothing still getting the same speeds tried resetting my router and a couple of other things but no of it seems to be working currently I'm getting 1144Mbps to router and 110Mbps to device and same in safe mode with networking which is really bad its not been this bad before all help would be much appreciated

b2a72ab1-71b1-41ae-bf1b-65b46038c7fe.png

8 REPLIES 8

asim18
Fibre optic

It sounds as if your ethernet device is connecting at 100Mbps rather than 1Gbps.

Can you confirm whether your ethernet device is connecting to the Hub at 1Gbps?

If it's a Windows 10 PC go to "Settings" > "Network & Internet"

Then hit "Properties".

It should show you the "Link speed (Recieve/Transmit)"

It should be 1000/1000 Mbps.

Hey the link speed says its 1000/1000 Mbps

jaberwok
On our wavelength

@asim18 wrote:

If it's a Windows 10 PC go to "Settings" > "Network & Internet"

Then hit "Properties".

It should show you the "Link speed (Recieve/Transmit)"

It should be 1000/1000 Mbps.

Is that really meaningful?

Both my pcs show 1000/1000 under properties but Realspeed shows (on my slower computer) 387/38 (router/pc) and 387/175 on the faster one.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Test with hub in modem mode to a PC with https://www.speedtest.net/

---------------------------------------------------------------

hey the speeds are the same in both modem mode and router mode with speedtest.net and samknows realspeed

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Does speedtest.net show high latency on the download but your speed is still slow?

Here is what a low latency download should look like when under your upto limit

Screenshot 2023-12-17 000310.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

no the latency is fine it 22 which is what I had before I upgraded

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello SHELDOR000.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are getting slower speeds though ethernet than over WiFi.

I did take a quick look at the hub from here and can see you have arranged for a service technician to attend.

Would you be able to pop back on here after the visit to let us know what was advised please.

Gareth_L