cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

Tr4hman
Tuning in

My hub 3 is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light. It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space there is a a drop out in wifi connection on all devices through out the day

136 REPLIES 136

Hi. My Hub 3.0 has also had the red light for a few days. I've followed the guidance (well ventilated, reset, cool down etc) but it remains on and feels hot to the touch. I've raised a case but would like a quicker response that 28 days rather than risking a fire or losing connection (as I often work from home). Thanks Rob Wain.

Hi showman6677, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear the hub is showing a red light despite you trying out the suggestions already mentioned in the thread. 

We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 400-ascona, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that you've only been able to raise a case regarding this and not been able to speak to the team instead. We can certainly arrange an engineer for you via the forums. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this too. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @showman6677,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @400-ascona,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information too. 😊

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hello

I have an old Hub 3.0 router which has been glowing red for a couple of weeks and is now hot to touch, it's in a well ventilated position and takes ages to reboot.

I have just been told by the call centre ( after 30 mins) that I need to pay for a technican to visit to see the router themselves!

I offered to send photo 🙂
Was this correct advice?

jlh

I think I might be OK now, I moaned on twitter and support will arrange for a technician to visit

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jlh437 

Thanks for your response and sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband

Please do keep us updated with how that technician visit goes and we'll investigate further if needs be.

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi Travi

Technician arrived today with new router, changed some of my ancient connections too.

So all working.

Thank you 

Thanks for coming back to us jlh437 and I'm glad that the technician has been able to resolve your issues on Wednesdays visit 😁

Kind Regards,

Steven_L