cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a WIFI POD is very bad unable to cloud game

LinkedOut
Tuning in

Hi guys, not too long ago I switched from BT to VM, and ever since I've been having issues with my WIFI it's terrible, I am on 1gig package I need a pod to fix the issue, BT is so kind compared to VM, you can get loads of their WIFI extender discs for free. But VM have it hiding somewhere I just need the WIFI pod to fix my issue so I can game in peace and harmony. Please can someone send me the WIFI pod, I'm on the most expensive package and I barely get 100mbps it's 10x slower than what I should be getting, with the ethernet I don't mind, I get around 800mbps the hub 5 is rubbish when it comes to WIFI signal. Please advise can the moderator/admins PM me so I can send you details of my account so you can get someone to send me one of the pods, from tech support I get to a G-d forbidden country like India, but I'm sorry to say I can't even understand them sound like one of those scam calls you get from these scammers in India. Very disconcerting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Everything is working fine now my pod came about a week ago, had to contact VM using WhatsApp and someone was kind enough to not mug me off, and sent me a pod. Everything has been working fine with the pod even been able to game on Luna, Xbox Cloud, Gforce Now, Boosteroid, etc. I only needed it for a stable connection to my MacBook so I could game on my MacBook during the night in bed. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

Re-purpose the BT Wi-Fi extender discs for use with the VM Hub

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Anyone doing serious gaming should be using an Ethernet connection, WiFi has too many problems.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I'm playing casually, like story mode, never had issues with BT but they missold me an EE sim and got me stuck into a contract thankfully I'm out of it. I was promised it would only be 15 pounds a month, and it ended up being 35 a month, but EE was kind enough to help me out and a lovely lady put me on 20 a month unlimited. So when my contract was about to come to an end I bought myself out, saving a bit of money. Now I've switched back to VM with BT when I connected the discs it worked really well even for gaming since it's FTTP and I was on WIFI 5G quite close to the router and ping was around 8ms to a maximum of 10ms. 

Not possible, they were BT branded and locked (I assume) and belonged to BT I had to return them when I ended my contract with them, so can't do that. I did try using the VM hub 5 in Modem mode with a TP-Link Archer C80 but that made it worse, so now I've just bought a 15 feet cat6 cable and a RJ45 to USB adapter I was thinking of going with Thunderbolt but that was 3x more expensive. So, it's all coming today, I'll see how it goes, with a wired connection I'm getting around 650 to 800mbps with a 15ms to 16ms ping. No issues with the game pass and Xbox SX. But I would like a WIFI pod, so I can at least use that so I can game on my other devices too without having problems. I'm paying £55 a month just for BB. It's over £1200+ for the entire term of the contract.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LinkedOut,

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your WiFi Speeds. There are many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, or even your next-door neighbour's router is interfering with yours

It would be best to download our Connect App, and perform a scan in your home for WiFi blackspots. You'll receive tailored advice and guidance based on the results of the scan, and WiFi Pods will be offered if we think they will benefit your connection.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

It's too slow, the application doesn't even load/work it is that slow. And when I got into the room it works, then there is no point because you can't actually order one. Very strange. The application isn't working properly, so I can't do a test properly. Really disappointed in Virgin Media. Yep now even though I'm on the same network, it can't even find the hub, so pointless, I know it's the wall, I had the same issue with BT, but they sent me free range extender kits and gave me £50 or £100-pound credit for the trouble. It was supposed to be an unbreakable connection backed by EE.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Even with the VM 'pods', they only guarantee 30Mbps connections.  You'd be better off getting your own WiFi router or mesh.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Everything is working fine now my pod came about a week ago, had to contact VM using WhatsApp and someone was kind enough to not mug me off, and sent me a pod. Everything has been working fine with the pod even been able to game on Luna, Xbox Cloud, Gforce Now, Boosteroid, etc. I only needed it for a stable connection to my MacBook so I could game on my MacBook during the night in bed. 

Thank you for the update @LinkedOut We are glad to hear our WhatsApp team was able to help send out a pod and that the service is working well. We apologise for the experience you ha when trying to get this issue resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs