cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

Samanmo
Joining in

Hi, 

My broadband/wifi router was installed upstairs years ago in what is now an inconvenient spot. I would like it moved downstairs. What's the easiest way to book an engineer to do this please? 

163 REPLIES 163

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, nazhus. Thanks for your post on our help forums and this thread, we'd be glad to advise on your concerns.

Please, note when we relocate your hub we'll activate the new wall socket so the old one will no longer be in use (deactivated).

However, this wall socket won't be removed from your premises and in the event you decide to relocate your router back to it's original spot we'll most likely be able to do this through the same relocation process (where we'd apply a charge for the engineer visit to re-activate the wall socket you had there and move your kit where it was before).

Let us know if this helps with your query and if you want us to make any arrangements for you, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

dandanknight
Joining in

Hi, this seems to be the "Hey Virgin, please contact me to arrange a router move" thread. I would be very grateful indeed if a Virgin person could contact me to arrange a router relocation. Many thanks 🙂 

Hey dandanknight,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hello,

I'm in a similar situation, could you help me to book an engineer please?

Hey @flinnandlaura,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

I can certainly going about looking into this for you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information in a quick private message.

Joe

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi flinnandlaura,

Joe is currrently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to gain a further update.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM flinnandlaura,

The appointment to move the router has now been booked.

Do pop back up if you require any further assistance.

Take care,

Kain

petexa
Joining in

Hi,

I am needing some help moving my router too. Can someone assist?

Cheers

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi petexa 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

As mentioned by other members of our team on this thread, a Hub Relocation does incur a one-time charge of £25, which applied to the bill after the Technician visit has happened.

Please look out for my private message, in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping "Messages" when tapping your profile picture, so I can gather some further details.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi petexa 👋

Thanks for your quick responses to my private message. I'm glad we've been able to get an appointment booked for your Hub relocation.

If you do need anything else, please feel free to open a new post, and one of our team/community will be more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ