cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

Samanmo
Joining in

Hi, 

My broadband/wifi router was installed upstairs years ago in what is now an inconvenient spot. I would like it moved downstairs. What's the easiest way to book an engineer to do this please? 

167 REPLIES 167

idazz1e
Joining in

Hi, can I get an appointment to move my router location, we have construction going on at our house and the location of the router is no longer suitable. 

Mine is upstairs in a bedroom which is being demolished and I need it moved downstairs.

Thanks

Hi @idazz1e 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding the location of your router. In order to do this for you, we would need to bring you in to a private message so that we can confirm a few details and put this request in. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your screen or if you are accessing via a mobile device it will be under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

SteveUK1978
Joining in

Hi,

I also need to move the location of the router in the house.  Would it be possible to book an engineer appointment please. 

Regards

Steve

Hi @SteveUK1978 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I will be more than happy to help you with this. Please note there is a £25 non fault call our charge for this type of work.

If you are happy to proceed, please do respond to my PM 📩 and we can take it from there.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Zypharce
Joining in

Hi VM team,

I too would like to move the location of my router in point. I understand the fee of £25 but if you could assist me in getting this booked I would be appreciative!

Hi Zypharce 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you with big virtual arms 😊.

Yes we can do this for you 😊.

I will be private messaging you, please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Zypharce 👋🏼.

Thank you for joining me on private message 😊.

As I have mentioned previously, if you would like to change or amend any times or date, you can do this by using our app.  

Click this link to access our app. 

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Happyhenry1
Joining in

Hi VM team,

Another one: I too would like to move the location of my router in point. I understand the fee of £25 but if you could assist me in getting this booked I would be appreciative!

Thanks

Hi @Happyhenry1 thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!
No problem at all, we do want to do our best to help here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you. Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

nazhus
Joining in

Hi, i am also interested in moving router, but does this mean i can still keep my original wall socket just incase i want to move it back in future?