cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation appointment

sylviamyrtia
Tuning in

Hello! My installation appointment is booked for 05/02. I work from home and it is tremendously important to know early whether Virgin is able to provide a connection on the promised day.

Is there a way to check this, please?

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16

carl_pearce
Community elder

Do you have an existing VM connection point?

Do you definitely know it works (VM won't as previous owners could have removed/cut cabling)?

VM can often miss/cancel appointments so I wouldn't rely on getting a working connection on that date.

No, there is no VM socket in my home

So, the service is totally unreliable, as I understand. What is the average time needed to have a functional connection?

It's pot luck, from a few hours to over 12 months and still waiting in some cases.

Has a cable been run from the street to your home? That should be done before the internal install appointment. Do they even know if you have a cable from the street, or not?

I have not moved in yet so I do not know. But even if I had been there, how was I supposed to know unless waiting at the front door all day long?

If installation team does not know either, most probably I will not have broadband. BT/Openreach were very unreliable as well - they cancelled the appointment without even notifying me. It seems that I will buy very expensive mobile broadband and I will hope that it gives at least 10mbps speed

That's the issue with VM using their own infrastructure.

Yes, you'll need a back up connection.

Hi @sylviamyrtia 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

I can see you've been in touch with the team since Sunday. Have you been provided with the necessary assurance on this?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support @carl_pearce 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Dear Daniel,

thank you for  your message.

I called pre-installation team on Monday 29/01/2024 and I was told that preliminary issues are being dealt but the line has not been pulled yet. I will not know this before Friday 02/02 or even Sunday 04/02. Although the team is very kind, and i thanked them, this means that my appointment may be cancelled at a very short notice (Friday means that I cannot cancel my Monday off from work).

Provided the horrendous stories that I have read in this forum and the fact that some years ago I had a terrible installation push back of 6 weeks caused by openreach, I am terribly worried.

I work from home, I am moving into a new place and if I do not have reliable broadband I am going to lose my job.

Regards,

Sylvia

I do not know how this was archived as an answer that provides a solution. The only solution is broadband on 05.02/.2024 I am afraid

@Daniel_Et

I have not received any email, however because of the horrendous stories in this forum I have been checking the app every hour. An hour ago I saw it: the appointment is moved from 05/02 to 21/02

I called the pre-installation team and I was told that this is because there is a certian issue with the permission for digging from the local council

I believe that my broadband will never be installed.