cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 overheating and electrical burning smell

SDSwann
Just joined

Hi, yesterday my HUB 4 starting seriously overheating, I think possibly there were some sparks and there is an electrical burning smell coming off of it. a quick look suggests that the fan has burnt out, though I've not opened it up to look more closely.

Is there a way to obtain a replacement Hub and power supply?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Dont switch it back on!.  A VM person will respond soon and should be able to source a replacement.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Dont switch it back on!.  A VM person will respond soon and should be able to source a replacement.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @SDSwann, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the hub and as @jbrennand advises, please refrain from rebooting the hub.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @SDSwann and I'm pleased we were able to have this booked in for you.

Do please keep us updated with how the visit from our engineer goes and if anything else is required, do please report back to us

Thanks,

David_Bn