cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install. Requesting cm ip address

MickyTheHippo
Tuning in

Hello all. BrBd new hub5 install and all the setup seemed fine, I jad a virgin wall box with a screw on cable that I replaced with the new cable that pushed over. Hub has settled on a blue flashing light and the virgin app says it Requesting a CM IP address. I still have the current talktalk setup running through its own box but I assume that is completely seperate.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Have done the reconnect everything and restart.

8 REPLIES 8

MickyTheHippo
Tuning in

Checked the old connection outside, seemed sound. Called virgin with a heavy heart but put through straight away to someone tried to activate it etc etc and booked an engineer visit for tomorrow afternoon. Which is good because my current service expires tomorrow and I really do not want to renew with them.

Engineer  turned up bang on time and said the hub needed activating because  zi had not connected it within three days of it arriving. That said the hub did not update/go live. He swapped it for annother one and all good. Phew. Got 130Mb at the mo but he said the full speed will arrive in a couple of hours, maybe 24 hours.

@MickyTheHippo wrote:

Engineer  turned up bang on time and said the hub needed activating because  zi had not connected it within three days of it arriving. That said the hub did not update/go live. He swapped it for annother one and all good. Phew. Got 130Mb at the mo but he said the full speed will arrive in a couple of hours, maybe 24 hours.

well that got him out of the house with you happy - unfortunately that was complete rubbish - you dont say what speed you should be getting but obviously more than 130 - so you need to know whats wrong - signal levels more than likely - nothing you can do but ring and hope you get a tech who does not talk out of his backside

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi there @MickyTheHippo 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you so much again posting. I am glad to hear that the engineer was able to take a look and resolve the install. Can I ask how everything is looking now?

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Hi there @MickyTheHippo 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you so much again posting. I am glad to hear that the engineer was able to take a look and resolve the install. Can I ask how everything is looking now?

how has the tech resolved the issue - he spun the OP a line that the connection would improve over time - i assume your technical knowledge tells you that complete rubbish ot maybe you also think that - if so you are on the same page as the tech who needs re training or to stop lying

Tony.
Sacked VIP

WTH? I had 130MB right from the start, as the enginerr said I would, it went up to 350MB later that evening and was 1.3Gb in the morning, just like the engineer said. been sweet since.

I had 350 Mb within a few hours and 1.3 Gb in the morning, exactly as the engineer said. Seems to me that he knew more than you.

cje85
Trouble shooter

Tony is correct that with cable broadband like VM the speed doesn't increase gradually over a few hours/days like BT based systems, so what happened in your case isn't normal, but as long as you're getting the right speed that's the main thing.