cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGS-PON Installation/Live timeline

jonjove
Joining in

Nexfibre are currently/have finished laying fibre in my street. I was wondering what the timeline typically is from when roadworks have been completed to go live on VM website. Currently my area does not have fibre, although closely neighbouring areas have VM & XGS-PON setup, at all so this is the first fibre installation for the street.

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not publish anywhere the schedule for installations, all you can do is register your interest on their website. Even when the local installation is complete the times before going live can vary enormously. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

georox123
On our wavelength

Avonline on behalf of Nexfibre finished installing the micro trunking on my small(ish) estate at the end of Feb. Since then, absolutely nothing. I put a message on here which staff tried to help with; Nothing useful. I've emailed the expansion team; Nothing useful, apart from confirming that we will have XGS-PON.

Just last week a couple of Avonline vans have been parked up by the street cabinets. What they've been doing I don't know. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to go out there and ask them what they were doing inside the cabinets. The only thing I can see that's changed is they've stencilled a reference on to the cabinets. It's a positive sign things are happening, but I have a feeling that I need to see Virgin vans before I'll be able to order.

Hi all,

Thank you for your posts. If you're looking to see when services will become available in your area, please head here and submit your details.

If services aren't currently available to order, we will be in contact with updates once that changes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!