cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app can’t find hub 5

Cocoflops1601
On our wavelength

Just got a new hub 5. Installed it, rebooted it several times and have done a factory reset. I am not on any VPN. I have tried connecting the vm connect app but it can’t find the hub. Now I can’t connect my Wi-Fi pod so all dependant devices can’t connect.

IMG_5903.png

5 REPLIES 5

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cocoflops1601 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto the community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you was not able to connect to the internet ☹.

Have you managed to connect since Monday or are you still having this issue? 

Let us know, we will do our best to help. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I can connect now and I am getting the gig1 service but the hub 5 is broadcasting the old hub 3 SSID and password. Not the new hub 5 default SSID. The problem now is I can’t connect my existing Wi-Fi pod. The connect app can’t find it! Is this something to do with it not being registered to the new hub?

Client62
Legend

You can manage the new Hub + its WI-Fi at : http://192.168.0.1/

A new Hub 5 reverting to the previous Hub's Wi-Fi setting shortly after installation is a new |feature from VM that appears to be unpublished. A VM Mod might like to explain how / when / why this works as it does.

The VM Connect app not working with the new Hub is normal, this requires VM to update their back office systems to reflect the new Hub, just try again in a few days. Reboots / Resets of the new VM Hub are not a fix for this issue.

Call the activation number 0800 953 9500, request the VM Pods are paired to the replacement Hub.  For the call have to hand your VM a/c number, the full details from the Hub’s sticker and ALL the VM Pods.

My old home b wouldn't connect and was told new hub would fix it but guess what it still says I'm out the house!

Any recommendations? 

Hi @North5 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear your new hub is unable to connect to the Connect app. We can understand the frustration caused and want to help best. Do you get a specific error when trying to connect? Also, have you tried reinstalling the app to see if the issue persists? https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs