cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issues with replacement router

daveeb
Up to speed

Well I received a replacement hub 3 for my shub 2 with impressive speed (thanks Joe_B). Unfortunately it won't activate (I got a text from VM after about half an hour mentioning technical issues stopping the activation of the kit and to contact virginmedia.com/qsactivate). Ended in an offshore chat spent mostly verifying myself then being told an engineer would come out Thursday. I've checked the coax connection which is as secure as I can make it and the lights on the box seemed to do what the literature suggested, the cycle ending with just the bottom light a solid white.

Not sure whether the issue is operator error, VM error or dodgy box but I'm now without my main interweb for 36+ hours at least. Is any kind person able to run a check for me please ? I'm not sure the person I spoke to on chat really knew much about it.  Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Hi. The engineer couldn't find a signal fault and the router "seems" mainly to be working although a couple of times our phones have shifted to our second independant network suggesting a possible issue ?? The VM status check still shows an issue with the connection although it doesn't specify anything. The engineer suggested it was just the system not updating properly after the activation failure.

Hi daveeb

Thanks for getting back to us. We'll be happy to take another look for you. I've dropped you a PM so I can help further.

Thanks

Beth

Hi Beth. PM replied to.  Thanks.

No problem at all. I'll let you know what he comes back with.

If your connection does get any worse, just let me know.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Thanks Beth and yes please do let me know what they say. I did run a BQM on my Zen FTTP connection and I have to say it compares very favourably with my VM connection despite having a lot more devices using it. It's possible that I'm not seeing many issues with the VM connection because most devices like doorbell, CCTV, Xbox etc all use the Zen FTTP connection.

Anyway thanks again for your help.

daveeb
Up to speed

p.s. Just did the VM service status check again. Reporting no issues with the connection to the hub but says it looks like the hub needs resetting. (which I'm not going to do as I've done it multiple times already).

Hey @daveeb,

Thanks for getting back to us with regards to this, I can see you were in a PM with my colleague, if this is still ongoing and you wish to discuss it further with them, I would advise reaching back out to them so that they can review this with you.

Joe

Thanks Joe, I am doing.