cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 ISSUES

Jessical89
Tuning in

Hi There

I am hoping somebody can help me. My Hub 5 has been pretty much faultless for the last 8 months. Really happy with it. That is until this past week. I'm unable to watch catch up or live tv shows via my Amazon fire stick. My xbox series X (connected via ethernet) also keeps getting moderate NAT with Upnp failures.

I have tried the diagnostic tool via the hub 5 admin menu but that is pretty much useless. I have tried the virgin media app but it just tells me to restart my hub.

I have tried multiple restarts. I have tried resetting back to factory default. The factory default works for about a day then its back to restarting or back to factory settings. Which now no longer resolves the issue. I have also tried disable channel optimisation. 

I am seriously disappointed with this Hub 5. I previously had the Hub 4 and for the entire 2 years i had it. There was never an issue with it. Probably the best router i ever had from virgin media. 

Please can somebody look into a replacement router for me. I'm at my wits end with it. The thought of taking a hammer to it has seriously crossed my mind

Nothing is resolving my issues.

Thanks

Jess

9 REPLIES 9

Jessical89
Tuning in

I would also like to add that the router will assign all wifi to devices to 2.4ghz even with channel optimisation on.

My phone randomly disconnects and says access point is full. So the hub isn't being very smart for a smart wifi router

Client62
Legend

Usually it is the Wi-Fi mobile / laptop that makes the choice of which band to use. This assumes that both bands are available from the VM Hub and both are accepting new connections.

"access point is full" this suggests some kind of DHCP issue with the Hub 5.

You could try splitting the bands (assuming you have no boosters or pods) https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Definitive-Guide-to-Splitting-2-4-amp-5ghz-bands-...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

So i thought about this but if all devices are only joining 2.4 then there must be an issue with the router because i have both bands set with same network name and password so any device can get the best signal possible. I am genuinely of the belief my router has had a fit and tbh i just want a new 1

Jessical89
Tuning in

Is there anybody from virgin media who can help with this issue please?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM have fixed this problem if you get your own router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @Jessical89 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of any broadband issues. We've not been able to locate you via the Forum details so I'll send you a PM now to get some information and we can run checks.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

I have responded to your PM and await your reply. Thank you for looking into my issue. Much appreciated 

How did the engineer appointment go @Jessical89 Do you need any further help with this? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs